New Rezound ICS leak.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Someone should post the leaks on usenet.

That would certainly be an interesting outlet to use. I completely forgot those news groups were still around these days. Those were the golden days on the web in the mid to late 90's for me. I wasted countless hours in the {rec.music} sections. I kinda lost interest when the copyright hammers came knocking on doors.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well i have been running the leak for a bit and no problems yet. I have been disappointed in the fact that it is exactly the same almost, but ya know. Now is time to root and rom i suppose. Thats tomorrows project ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well i have been running the leak for a bit and no problems yet. I have been disappointed in the fact that it is exactly the same almost, but ya know. Now is time to root and rom i suppose. Thats tomorrows project ;)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

If you had this problem before - a repetitive squeak in the audio when using the camcorder to record a loud environment, does the problem still exist with the latest OS leak?

Thanks.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
If you had this problem before - a repetitive squeak in the audio when using the camcorder to record a loud environment, does the problem still exist with the latest OS leak?

Thanks.

I don't know if you've gotten this question answered or not, but I have done a couple of tests and the audio on the camcorder sounds pretty good. I have not noticed any of those squeaks in the new recordings I've made and I definitely had that problem before. Hopefully they are gone for good.

Reactions: TBolt

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
That would certainly be an interesting outlet to use. I completely forgot those news groups were still around these days. Those were the golden days on the web in the mid to late 90's for me. I wasted countless hours in the {rec.music} sections. I kinda lost interest when the copyright hammers came knocking on doors.

Can't beat alt.binaries for any of your alt.binary needs.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if you've gotten this question answered or not, but I have done a couple of tests and the audio on the camcorder sounds pretty good. I have not noticed any of those squeaks in the new recordings I've made and I definitely had that problem before. Hopefully they are gone for good.

Glad to hear it might finally be fixed. Were your recordings done in a loud setting? That's when I heard the squeak most often - in pretty loud environments.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear it might finally be fixed. Were your recordings done in a loud setting? That's when I heard the squeak most often - in pretty loud environments.

I've tested it in some pretty loud environments and some environments with constant noise and I haven't heard any squeaks yet.

moomba445

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
When installing this to the phone, would I be able to install the ICS update that Verizon pushes out OTA whenever it does? Or would I have to S-Off, then update OTA? Just wondering.

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
You'll receive the OTA update just like u were stock. That's the whole point of HTC leaking these "official" builds.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
When installing this to the phone, would I be able to install the ICS update that Verizon pushes out OTA whenever it does? Or would I have to S-Off, then update OTA? Just wondering.

You almost definitely won't be able to take the ota. As long as they release the RUU and it is a higher version number you will be able to flash it the same way. If it is a lower version number you would have to s-off to get it. If no ruu is released and it is different than what we have, I'm not sure what can be done.

Long story short, the don't expect to get it just in case

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
It it will be a higher version number. I expect a new leak in a week

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Intriguing ... Based on what info?

So, to be clear, if I do not flash the next leak, I will likely be able to receive the OTA? If not, why aren't we able to get the OTA - we did not root to flash the leak?

Thanks.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is the way software design works. If you make a change, almost any change, you update the version number so you know which version you are working with.

No inside knowledge on a new leak, but it has been a bit since we had one. I think we see one more before the official. Like some the other guys have said, leaks are beta tests....

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Intriguing ... Based on what info?

So, to be clear, if I do not flash the next leak, I will likely be able to receive the OTA? If not, why aren't we able to get the OTA - we did not root to flash the leak?

Thanks.

Yes as long as you have not flashed any leaks that means you are on stock firmware and if you cannot get it no one can. If you are unlocked and rooted you will have to re lock and make sure all the bloat and everything is back on and enabled. Basically 100% stock rom.

The OTA will more than likely only allow those on stock firmware and rom to take it. That is what the htc page said before it was taken down. Unless an ruu is released(which it probably will be) there is not a way to update from a leak. There will have to be a leak of the ota software which could be the latest leak for all we know.

Everything is speculation though. Anyone that tells you they know is lying

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Unless an ruu is released(which it probably will be) there is not a way to update from a leak. There will have to be a leak of the ota software which could be the latest leak for all we know.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

"...there is not a way to update from a leak."

That statement confuses me. A 'leak' and 'RUU' are the same thing, correct?

I flashed the RUU that MrSmith linked to HERE. I guess you're saying that I (we) will probably be able to receive the OTA if the official OTA has a larger version number.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I flash so much crap I could be wrong BUT I could have sworn that if I am on a stock leak, I could take the ota to the official. This is with Samsung also

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
"...there is not a way to update from a leak."

That statement confuses me. A 'leak' and 'RUU' are the same thing, correct?

I flashed the RUU that MrSmith linked to HERE. I guess you're saying that I (we) will probably be able to receive the OTA if the official OTA has a larger version number.

So a leaked ruu, or any RUU, is the entire ICS rom. It's a file about 550MB (maybe 600). The update will be a 300MB file that takes and replaces files from gingerbread it does not need, and replaces them with ICS files. So the problem with getting the OTA when your on a leak, is you already have the files it wants to replace. There will be a RUU for what ever the official OTA is, so you'll be able to update that way. If you wanted to take the ota, you would have to s-off, then you could downgrade to the last official ota, then take the upgrade. I'm not sure why you would do that if your not roming and modding, but it's another route.

The only bad thing about doing the leaks, is when you RUU, it wipes your internal memory, and you have to set your phone back up. If you do the OTA, it pretty much keeps your phone the same as it was before. On the flip side, when you run RUU's, you won't have any problems, unless it's a known bug. Check the Razr forums, quite a few people had to do a factory reset anyway ofter taking the OTA, so they are in the same spot you would be after running the RUU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy