Question about PRL versions

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My fiance just got a rezound and I noticed her PRL Version is a bit higher than mine. Is it normal for each phone to be different or is there a way to update it that I am missing? And is it really that big of deal to change it or not? Will it make a difference in anything major?

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
On older phones this could be normal depending on which tower they updated from. Nowadays they should be the same but they also probably aren't going to differ much.

I didnt think so but wanted to make sure. The last 2 # on hers 19 and mine are 09 so its no by much. Thanks for the quick response.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can call VZW to update the PRL if it really comes down to it...

Just not sure it would be worth the time it would take if its not going to make a change in anything I'd notice. I have been reading though on other sites that an update went out today for radios and something else. Maybe they said yesterday, I cant remember but it was just a small thing verizon sent out. I also went to verizons site and there is a software update when you choose the phone model but my screen for it wont load on my pc. Think its a cookie or flash setting on the desktop. I'm curious as to what it is. Let me know if you can see it on your my verizon if you get a chance. I'll take a snip and post what I see on my end in a few

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can call VZW to update the PRL if it really comes down to it...

Lol was told to press that 228 # to update it by verizon tech. Am I wrong or is is that not a smart thing to do with these phones? Said no other way to update it and it will update itself if needed. My brain hurts by the time I am done talking to them. I'll let it be for now but thanks for the help

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
1.16_002, 2.10_002 is my PRL version, I seem to be no where near yours....

I don't see any update...

If you are getting the same signal strength and no issues, then I wouldnt worry about it. When ICS comes in the next few days or so, it will more than likely update

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Lol was told to press that 228 # to update it by verizon tech. Am I wrong or is is that not a smart thing to do with these phones? Said no other way to update it and it will update itself if needed. My brain hurts by the time I am done talking to them. I'll let it be for now but thanks for the help

That was the old way to do it. It won't do crap with LTE devices. You have to call support and tell them to reset the phone radio

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
1.16_002, 2.10_002 is my PRL version, I seem to be no where near yours....

I don't see any update...

If you are getting the same signal strength and no issues, then I wouldnt worry about it. When ICS comes in the next few days or so, it will more than likely update

I think your looking at PRI which if thats the case is was different as well. Under software info, my PRL is second to the bottom above ERI. Now I am really confused :confused:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Your right I was, I am at 15109 for prL....

The prI might be different because I am on the last leak so do not sweat that one

EDIT: sorry my bad, didnt mean to confuse you

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Really? She just got hers maybe a week ago and I got mine CLN in maybe Feb or March I hink so who knows how long either of them sat on the shelf and who's is newer. Maybe having different apps updated or operating makes a difference? Or its as Mr. Smith said, some just pick up from different towers. Thanks for letting me know.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
With LTE, remove the battery and SIM card for 30 seconds or so. Phone should check for PRL update when rebooting. Normally it will update the PRL automatically, this is just a kickstart.

Reactions: Wilhem_Scream