IPhone 4 vs HTC rezound

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ios is a one size fits all equation. If that size fits you then sure why not I guess. Android not only varies size, but comfort and ability as well. And you can even make lots of adjustments after you get it.

And also, it seems your Idevise is dead to apple if you jailbreak, but an unlocked and rooted android is only punished if your meddling caused the problem.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I have found iOS to be very difficult to use (maybe difficult is not the right word - user unfriendly is probably more apt) - it's a pretty inconsistent operating system. For example, when you want to back out of a screen in an app in android, you hit the back button. If you want to back out of an app in iOS, you have to hunt inside the app for a back button (they allow the devs to decide where to put this - it varies from app to app), or hit the actual button on the phone to go home and then go back into the app from scratch. That right there, is enough for me to stay with Android. I love widgets and the ability to hide your app shortcuts in an app drawer - iOS has none and other than folders, you cannot hide app shortcuts - iOS is one big app drawer. I like the hackability of this operating system - yes, you can hack iOS as well, but it's not nearly the same experience. Google Nav is SO much better than anything on iOS - I had a caravan full of GPS and iPhone users following me to a restaurant the other day b/c everyone had gotten lost on the way to the meeting spot with their navigation devices/maps on (true story).

That said, my wife LOVES her 4S and hated her two android phones and thinks I'm crazy for staying with Android. It is 100% about personal preference. The ONE thing that kills me about this Rezound is the battery life. I carry an extra battery when I need it, but my OCD always tugs at me when I see the battery life draining right in front of my eyes. I was on my daughter's iPad the other day and was at 100% battery life with the screen on for like 25 minutes. That would never happen with my Rezound. It's the one thing that makes me go "GRRRRR".

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The rezound is quad band gsm and can receive and send voice calls almost anywhere in the world with the appropriate sim. Data and sms may be a problem on gsm though. IPhone 4 on Verizon has no gsm capabilities.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The rezound is quad band gsm and can receive and send voice calls almost anywhere in the world with the appropriate sim. Data and sms may be a problem on gsm though. IPhone 4 on Verizon has no gsm capabilities.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If you keep telling people they will take the hidden dialer menu away and we won't have that capability anymore.

Oh wait, they did

Oh we found it again? Gotcha....

Yes you can still make your phone GSM, but not texting I think. It is close to being fixed but not there yet

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
For example, when you want to back out of a screen in an app in android, you hit the back button. If you want to back out of an app in iOS, you have to hunt inside the app for a back button (they allow the devs to decide where to put this - it varies from app to app), or hit the actual button on the phone to go home and then go back into the app from scratch.
You are correct about the iPhone but android isn't perfect with this either. When switching apps often the app state is lost and/or the app has to reload from scratch. It depends. To me this is NOT multi-tasking. This was one thing webOS did exceedingly well and something I really miss.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You are correct about the iPhone but android isn't perfect with this either. When switching apps often the app state is lost and/or the app has to reload from scratch. It depends. To me this is NOT multi-tasking. This was one thing webOS did exceedingly well and something I really miss.

That's more of an individual app to app issue stemming from the developers end. More than being attributed to a specific platform or device.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems like Memory management at play. I never know when Internet is going keep my multiple Windows open or if I'll be greeted with one Google homepage.

Also, I find it maddening the Words with Friends almost never remembers when I leave a game board up.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
By all accounts webOS was the best at this. Of course they had so few apps there was almost no reason to multi-task (just kidding... I was a big fan of Palm, I wish webOS had gained traction.)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
When compared to webOS ability to maintain state, I disagree.
Actually, I posted after reading your post. So I read previous posts to get a better idea of the thread topic. I agree, it's the downfall of memory management in Android. I mistakenly just read yours and thought it was based a comparison of iOS apps coming to android. My bad.

abtxpress

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I really hate these questions. Duh, your in an android forum, we ae all gonna tell you to get the rezound. If you ask this question on an iphone forum they will all tell you the iPhone. Just research and figure out what you need and want.