Rezound Bluetooth Audio Problems

KevinWaltman

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched to the Rezound last week after my Incredible2 died on me. I have a persistent issue when using any Bluetooth headset/car link when I can here the caller perfectly, but they car hardly hear me. My callers say that my voice is choppy, statically, tinny, or fades in and out. This happens on just about every call.

Is this a known problem with the Rezounds in general, or is something wrong with my specific phone?

All of my headsets and car link worked perfectly with my Incredible2. So I know they are not the problem.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes my Bluetooth works fine in the car, other times I get exactly what you're describing. So it might be more of a widespread problem? I never had this problem with my Incredible, so I know it's not the car(s). Anyone else experience this?

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
it's possible that it could be the car's software. My friend has bluetooth in his excursion that works well with his rezound but it would hardly connect with his old evo 4g. But i've also heard before of some car's bluetooth working with certain phones and not others.

bell2200

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
My wife was having similar issues with her Rezound. The problem developed over the last two weeks or so. Tech support at Verizon and at HTC made the usual suggestions. Reset, re-pair, blah, blah, blah. Nothing worked. Then they got to the usual suggestion to do a factory reset. No way! The problem is that those guys think only in terms of software. They forget that the phone is a series of fancy radios. Well, those radios need working antennae! I popped off the back of my wife's phone. The antennae are, of course, embedded in the back. Using a Q-tip and alcohol, I cleaned every contact surface of the antennae and also cleaned the contacts with which they mate on the main phone unit. Voila! Problem solved. Bluetooth sounds great and, once again, has great range.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with my first rezound, replaced it under warranty and had the same problem in a short time with the new rezound. This was with 5 different Bluetooth devices. My original Motorola droid worked flawlessly with all my Bluetooth devices, the rezound has the other party complaining about my audio quality so bad they want to get off the phone with me as soon as they can. I simply had to stop using it which is sad since I really liked my in car phone capability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36