care for extra battery

Olskooldad

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up the mugen slim extended battery and will be using it as my primary battery. I want to keep my stock battery on hand, but don't have an extra charger. How often do I need to swap and charge it to keep it in good shape?

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up the mugen slim extended battery and will be using it as my primary battery. I want to keep my stock battery on hand, but don't have an extra charger. How often do I need to swap and charge it to keep it in good shape?

I have the same battery and honestly if you have access to a charger throughout the day or can use wifi or both, you wont need to use your 2nd battery. once the extended battery gets used to your usage it holds pretty well. But if you dont have access then you will need to use it after 7 or 8 hrs if you are a heavy user. As far as keeping the extra battery in good shape it should be fine if you use it maybe once a month but I doubt it even needs that if you store it in a nice place.

Egnix

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Lithium Ion batteries (like what our phones use) have very very little self-discharge. So you don't need to worry about it running out of charge when not used.

If you plan to not use a battery for a long time (say a couple weeks or more), it is best to charge/discharge the battery to 40-50% before storing it.

Olskooldad

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Btw, really enjoying the slim extended battery. Can be a little more lax on the battery micro managing and easily get through the day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma