Touchscreen paranoia

dmkraz

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My previous phone was an Eris and I had the well known touchscreen issues - about 17 months into my contract parts of my touchscreen just wouldn't work. You push and nothing registers. And I'm a pretty light smartphone user. After weighing options I ended up toughing it out until my 20 month renewal (and got myself a Rezound and love it) but the Eris experience was so painful for those 3 months that now I'm paranoid about using my Rezound too much.

Does anyone know if the Rezound touchscreen is better than the Eris' so I shouldn't worry about it? Or should I assume that in another 8 months (when my warranty runs out) if my touchscreen breaks I can just get another Rezound on ebay for a reasonable cost?

BTW, this is only post #2 for me but I've been lurking for a while and am quite grateful for all the help floating around this place.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Touch screen tech is so much better than it use to be. I haven't heard of any newer smart phone screens failing. I also sell phone for a living so I tend to heard quite a bit.

Reactions: dmkraz

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'd say don't sweat it. I recently just upgraded to the Rezound from a OG DInc. I kept the original device for the whole time too (no warranty replacements & I'm still using the device as WiFi media device). Add to that my 3 yr old has been going after my phone for most of his life and the DInc's screen is still rocking.

All that said, I'd say, yeah, HTC knows how to make a quality product. including touchscreen tech

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't sweat it. These things were made to be used and judging from some power users I've come across your not going to wear it out!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

dmkraz

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I was wondering if I'd see answers like "yeah, they eventually fail" but nothing doing. I won't worry about it anymore.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I beat the he'll out of my phones screen because I am apower user and because I have a heavy hand.... Don't worry about, the Eris had issues, that era is over

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
The biggest thing to remember is that as long as you're under contract with Verizon your phone is covered against defects like this. Your subsidy ensures that your phone will hold up under "warranty" . Now had it been something you broke(water/drop damage) then you'd need the $5 insurance/handset protection. And at 17months with the Eris, you could have gotten the latest and greatest at that point for the cost of your deductible(~$50)