So hard to resist!!!!

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
RAZR maxx dropped to 200 and I have an upgrade and this is so hard not to bite on since I have a reZound and like except the battery life which is pretty bad without the extended battery.. I have to fight it I know there is better phones coming!

sent from my BAMF! reZound via tapatalk 2

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
In the interim, purchase juice defender plus.
loved it on my DINC...gave me a few extra hrs of battery life a day on a standard battery.
Can't get it to play 100% nice with ICS though, even though the app works, but it could be using that with AOKP getting me crossed up in settings.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am sure that there will be a fighter coming with a, larger HD screen. Of course, if battery life is the primary concern, and you don't mind a fixed battery, then get the maxx. The rezound battery life isn't great, but you can swap it out on the fly. I have 3 extended batteries myself.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am sure that there will be a fighter coming with a, larger HD screen. Of course, if battery life is the primary concern, and you don't mind a fixed battery, then get the maxx. The rezound battery life isn't great, but you can swap it out on the fly. I have 3 extended batteries myself.

(Brief threadjack, sorry) Just out of curiousity, have you ever blown through all 3 on a given day from heavy usage?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Holy shat I only have two standards and an extended

teckels

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Opinion, by the time you wait for the next phone there will be something that will be coming in a few months, and so on. If you like the Razr go for it. I think it's too wide and uncofortable but that's my hands and pockets. Not sure what you are doing with your Rezound but those number seem bonk, have you got into rooting, debloating and other battery saving tips like not syncing everything all the time?

Reactions: Issemann

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
(Brief threadjack, sorry) Just out of curiousity, have you ever blown through all 3 on a given day from heavy usage?

I know it is a different animal, but on my Charge I did go through 2 extended and a OEM battery in a 12 hour period.

Very extenuating circumstances, usually I didn't get too far into the 2nd extended (never touching the OEM)

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
At this point, we have the Rezound. It has our bases covered with solid radios, 4G, an HD screen, and an excellent camera.
If anyone is thinking about an upgrade already, it should be either to switch to a qwerty keyboard phone out of preference, or because of a major, major, MAJOR, upgrade to smartphone technology. That major upgrade for me would be the supposed new lithium ion batteries, which will never see the light of day at this rate. Otherwise, I don't care for this insignificant pissing contest of 4.3, 4.5, 4.7 inch screens.

Reactions: jtversky

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I get around 14 hours on wifi with moderate use around 1hr 30 mins on screen time and about seven or so with the same use on 4G and it's just not that great and my eyes and I think the RAZR maxx may be the only phone that has a super battery and will be that thin and the price point makes it a killer deal but I don't know how hard it will be to go from 340ppi to like 260 ppi

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I would wait. Next week or 2 we will have a release date on the Droid fighter or Max HD.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
At this point, we have the Rezound. It has our bases covered with solid radios, 4G, an HD screen, and an excellent camera.
If anyone is thinking about an upgrade already, it should be either to switch to a qwerty keyboard phone out of preference, or because of a major, major, MAJOR, upgrade to smartphone technology. That major upgrade for me would be the supposed new lithium ion batteries, which will never see the light of day at this rate. Otherwise, I don't care for this insignificant pissing contest of 4.3, 4.5, 4.7 inch screens.

My "new phone" wish list only has one item at this point.

NFC is the only thing missing from the rezound. If I had to buy a new phone now, it would have to be everything that the rezound has +NFC, and I cannot see any phones, current or "coming soon" that meet that criteria.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Would you prefer a Rezound size device w/ a qwerty, in tow or are you just as content with it as is, at this point?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

i bought 1 ext bat for my tb, then when troubleshooting battery drain, Verizon sent me another. When i got the rez, i bought another, so i have 3 total. i haven't gone through 3 in a day though, i just carry a spare. with heavy usage (constant screen on), i am certain i could go through 3 batteries within a 24 hour period. with constant on usage, it may last maybe 4-5 hours. keep in mind that i always use 4G and have the settings to max. No sense in short changing yourself.

i agree, this increment in screen size isn't very appealing to me, especially the ones that have on screen buttons that take up part of the screen size. i want a phone with a 5" screen if it's going to have on screen buttons. i'd love to have a physical qwerty keyboard WITH a removable battery, but it seems like LTE phones seem to be avoiding keyboards for the most part. i know the d4 has a physical keyboard, but it has a non-removable battery. obviously, when new battery tech comes out that makes the phone lasts much longer, then that'd be a plus too.

I love the rezound so much that I have 2 of them! And I have an available upgrade and almost got a 3rd, but not sure what I'd do with it.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Opinion, by the time you wait for the next phone there will be something that will be coming in a few months, and so on. If you like the Razr go for it. I think it's too wide and uncofortable but that's my hands and pockets. Not sure what you are doing with your Rezound but those number seem bonk, have you got into rooting, debloating and other battery saving tips like not syncing everything all the time?

Agreed. I've got an upgrade in my back pocket and plan to hold off until I see something superior come out. The Maxx doesn't fall into that category.

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
because of a major, major, MAJOR, upgrade to smartphone technology. That major upgrade for me would be the supposed new lithium ion batteries.

For me, it would be the Asus Padfone. I purchased the Bionic on launch day and hoped that Motorola would come out with a tablet dock for it.

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
RAZR maxx dropped to 200 and I have an upgrade and this is so hard not to bite on since I have a reZound and like except the battery life which is pretty bad without the extended battery.. I have to fight it I know there is better phones coming!

Have you held the RAZR? All those angles just feel funky to me.

Also: there is always a better phone coming... what are you gonna do, never upgrade? Rezound is a solid choice (omg that screen!) and you can get one year easy (perhaps two) before you feel the need to make the jump to the "best.phone.ever" ... which will be uncrowned two months later by the "best.phone.ever."

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hell no moto

Agreed but if I was looking at the Maxx I would for sure wait for the Maxx HD or Droid fighter (whatever its called). It will be out in the next month or so.
I myself is a waiting for the quad 4 S4 5" HTC!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12