Unable to mount sd/sd2 or connect to computer

oswegofpd

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Alright. I've searched and searched and nothing seems to pertain to me in particular and nothing I've tried has seemed to help. Yesterday I was unlocked, rooted and s-off with the eng hboot running Rezrom s4 v2.0 after updating to the newest ICS firmware 4 days ago. currently hboot 2.25.0000 with radio 1.22.10.0310r

I decided I was sick of my phone overheating (its been doing it for months not just recently) so I was going to put it back to stock so I could bring it in for an exchange. I downloaded the Verizon 2.01.605.11 ruu so I could get back to full stock with hboot and all. I created a nandroid backup first then did full wipe of everything then ran the ruu from recovery. So after flashing the ruu i figured all would start to be well to go to s-on again. Well I do not have wifi, I cannot access my SD card nor will my computer recognize them and if i click on them it says "please insert a disk into removable drive". That is with debugging off. With dbugging on I only get the CD drive that it creates. When I plug in my phone to the computer it asks to install drivers and i say ok. it gets to where it says i need to turn on internet connection mode but when i try it says i need the hotspot.

I am still able to get into fastboot and recovery Amon 3.15 but seeing my phone does not recognize the sd card i cant install my nandroid. I put the sd card into my computer and it works perfectly fine. ive taken it in and out and made sure its making proper connections too. trying to think of what else to elimiate right away. im usually pretty good with this stuff with no questions asked but i just wanted to exchange my phone for a non overheating one. friday will be the only time i can respond to this because im going out of town but i was hoping to get some brain storming because i cannot find anything that has worked.

oswegofpd

May 15, 2012
Visit site
i sort of thought that was problem because i remember flashing the ruu twice for the updated ICS but i sadly didnt do it this time around. any way to be able to reflash or to do my nandroid to start over?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
You should still be able to flash the RUU in HBOOT. Meaning that HBOOT should still see your SD card, although it sounds like you removed the RUU from it in order to get into recovery.

oswegofpd

May 15, 2012
Visit site
well i put it back on via taking the sd card out and putting it into my computer so its back on my sd card now again. what commands to install the ruu in hboot and should it be run twice or just once more?

oswegofpd

May 15, 2012
Visit site
is it as simple as renaming the ruu as ph98img? i really need to get this going before my trip out of town :( now i noticed that everything seems to work except wifi and incoming calls. i can make outgoing and get visual voice mail but nothing incoming.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
is it as simple as renaming the ruu as ph98img? i really need to get this going before my trip out of town :( now i noticed that everything seems to work except wifi and incoming calls. i can make outgoing and get visual voice mail but nothing incoming.

Yup, rename it to PH98IMG.zip and reboot into HBOOT. Always run the RUU twice.

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So, if I am completely unable to connect to PC, can't mount sdcard or sdcard 2, can't even get fastboot usb, (In fact, when I reboot after trying to connect to PC, the Rezound actually goes into the "connect to PC" dialogue, even when not connected) is trying to flash the RUU via PH98IMG.ZIP going to accomplish anything?

Already S-OFF, unlocked, rooted, running 5/7 leaks of radios, hboot and Nils Business ICS 4.0.

hgoldner#CB

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the firmware doesn't match the ROM. So yes flashing the RUU would probably do some good.

Dunno about oswegofpd, but as for me, after rollback to 1.02 and 2.01 RUU's, with 3 different sdcards, 3 different cables, on 3 different PC's, and on hboots 2.11, 2.21, 2.25 and Juopunut's, still no connect to PC or Fastboot USB, so it's got to be hardware.

Guess I am lucky it still charges.

Sent into the innertubes from my Rezound via Tapatalk

oswegofpd

May 15, 2012
Visit site
well i figured it out finally. thank you for all the help. i tried to install some busyboxes but all required to put stuff on my sd card which i was unable to do. i put the ruu on the sd card via my computer and tried to run through fastboot by labeling it as PH98IMG (its a zip file so i dont actually put .zip into the name correct?). it would not recognize it when loading into bootloader for some reason. what actually worked was to run an ruu as the .exe . never actually knew how easy that was to do but i didnt have many options left.

i flashed that twice of course and it worked like a charm. hopefully all this can help someone else out that was having the same problems. thanks again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63