MHL not working.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my wife bought me an MHL cable the other day., I've done everything it said. Is there something in see

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an MHL cable, so I can't say but given the small amount of info you posted, it would be hard to troubleshoot. Please relay the steps and the trouble(s)

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Generic. I have plugged it up to the wall then the TV then phone. Still nothing. I've rebooted the the phone, and turned off the TV. Also, changed the inputs. I can not figure this out.

I had an issue w/ the HTC adapter not recieving picture, only audio. Followed all the directions, no luck. Read a recommendation on HTCpedia to just clear the phone memory and reattatch everything in the correct order and it worked beautifully.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Generic. I have plugged it up to the wall then the TV then phone. Still nothing. I've rebooted the the phone, and turned off the TV. Also, changed the inputs. I can not figure this out.

Are you seeing the HDMI symbol in the notification bar on your phone?

I had this issue with a generic MHL but I could see the HDMI symbol. It turned out that the 10 foot generic HDMI cable I was using was the problem. I used a shorter cable and it worked right away. The 10 foot cable works with my DVD player just fine. Weird.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Are you seeing the HDMI symbol in the notification bar on your phone?

I had this issue with a generic MHL but I could see the HDMI symbol. It turned out that 10 foot generic HDMI cable I was using was the problem. I used a shorter cable and it worked right away. The 10 foot cable works with my DVD player just fine. Weird.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

This one is kinda easy, the phone more than likely is not putting out a strong enough signal to make it down the 10' of cable. I know that sounds weird, but there it is. Back in the old days of networking, you had a certain length you could go and then the signal would just die off.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue w/ the HTC adapter not recieving picture, only audio. Followed all the directions, no luck. Read a recommendation on HTCpedia to just clear the phone memory and reattatch everything in the correct order and it worked beautifully.

how do you clear the phone memory?

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
This one is kinda easy, the phone more than likely is not putting out a strong enough signal to make it down the 10' of cable. I know that sounds weird, but there it is. Back in the old days of networking, you had a certain length you could go and then the signal would just die off.

Totally agree.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I got it. Had to do a factory reset. was doing everything in the order it required. Thanks for the help though.

davidmrobbins

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
When you say "factory reset" are you completely wiping your phone, including all apps, data, etc.? What is the process for that and is there a less invasive way to get the MHL/HDMI functioning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo