Verizon Rumor - Killing grandfathered unlimited plans

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure I get my 15 percent and I am on the unlimited....I will check later ...well tomorrow, drinking is later

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Unlimited data does get the discount. Tiered data must be at least $50 to get the discount.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon says if you buy the phone from them at full price... What if I buy a phone from eBay or a friend or...... Will I still be allowed to retain my unlimited data???

Sent from my iPhone 4 (while my HTC Rezound charges! LOL ) using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon says if you buy the phone from them at full price... What if I buy a phone from eBay or a friend or...... Will I still be allowed to retain my unlimited data???

As long as Verizon isn't subsidizing your new phone and you're not signing a new contract.

MrNate

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
If they do indeed force us off the unlimited plan, it won't surprise me in the least. Most likely, I'd switch carriers on principle, even though I'm only using between 2-3gb per month.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

As long as you don't sign a new 2 year contract, then you can keep unlimited data.

Wilhem_Scream

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So as long as you keep the phone you have at the time your contract is up, you keep your unlimited? It was so odd seeing this article because just a couple weeks ago I was told that as long as when your do for an up grade and you stick with a "Smart Phone" or 4g I guess, that the grandfather thing was still valid. I'll leave before I pay for anything other than what I have now.
Mr. Smith had a good point with going with a small company like cricket, All Tell etc.. Verizon has gotten out of control. Thanks all for the info you have added here. A lot I hadnt seen yet.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So as long as you keep the phone you have at the time your contract is up, you keep your unlimited? It was so odd seeing this article because just a couple weeks ago I was told that as long as when your do for an up grade and you stick with a "Smart Phone" or 4g I guess, that the grandfather thing was still valid. I'll leave before I pay for anything other than what I have now.
Mr. Smith had a good point with going with a small company like cricket, All Tell etc.. Verizon has gotten out of control. Thanks all for the info you have added here. A lot I hadnt seen yet.

RIght now if you switch phones, you are grandfathered and keep the unlimited BUT 2 years from now when you upgrade again, you will be forced into a tiered plan.

Reactions: Wilhem_Scream

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

The problem is that the networks for those small companies suck. The only network worth anything that isn't run by a major player is US Cellular.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Wilhem_Scream

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to see how they implement this whole shebang on multi-share plans. I've got 4 on my plan ranging from a clam, two 3G and my 4g. None have the same start/ end datr.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I saw comments on the AC article on the main page that encouraged people to contact VZ and complain. It dawned on me. Could this be what got this ball rolling on the subsidized phone end and bit us all on the rump. VZ listened to all the bloat complaints and chose not to alter the disabling of bloat w/ ICS. Could this be partial retaliation for loss of revenue on the back end b/c of that?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sad, people think they have unlimited data today, and have been unaware of throttling......oh well...., your days were up a year ago....:mad:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
yeah those 3% of Verizon customers are sad....

You only get throttled under limited conditions and even when throttled, your speeds are only reduced on peak towers/times. Oh and you can still have as much data as you want (an unlimited amount if you will), they do not cut you off.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I would get it off eBay. Not their business. You'll be month to month. No contract. I don't plan to upgrade and lose my unlimited

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
yeah those 3% of Verizon customers are sad....

You only get throttled under limited conditions and even when throttled, your speeds are only reduced on peak towers/times. Oh and you can still have as much data as you want (an unlimited amount if you will), they do not cut you off.

For real bro, double up that peperoni and wait until after nine.