Location Agent or GPS?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I could swear I saw the answer to this a long time ago somewhere but can't find it now. I apologize for the repeat.

Do you recommend using the GPS or network location? My Location Agent app wants me to upgrade for awhile now but after the problems it caused awhile back I haven't done so.

Is there a difference in how "nosey" they are as compared to one another?

Thanks.

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Use Standalone GPS if you need to use navigation.
Verizon Location Services and Google Location Services are just there to collect your data, so keep them off.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
What they said. With Samsung, you almost had to have them on to get a GPS lock. Not the case with HTC. Use a GPS toggle when you need it, otherwise it can stay off too.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add that one of the biggest things I like about the Rezound is that the gps lock is incredibly fast..even inside it typically finds me, something my Droid 2 for instance could pretty much never do and searching for satellites could take quite a while.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just my $.02
1. Standalone services
2. Road flares, blades of grass in the wind, yodeling, remain lost forever by avoiding 3 & 4.
3. Google Location services
4. Verizon Location services

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know any of this until I read this thread. However, after I turned Google and Verizon off my weather turned off as well.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
... My Location Agent app wants me to upgrade for awhile now ...

Verizon Location agent is a separate issue from which location sources you allow. This is a verizon app whose purpose is murky at best. It fails and causes problems on the Rezound. Per my personal observation, if you let it update it will actually shut itself down and disappear from the app list.

If anyone out there has more definitive info on this app please chime in!

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
No matter whether I use one, any two, or all three, when I'm inside my house in Maine, my Rezound insists that I'm in one particular town in Rhode Island.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1