It's June. ICS any day now!

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I say we are due very soon for a 'Listen to me because I am important. I am selling my Rezound because I've waited long enoughandthisupdatewillnevercome......See ya and thanks for the memories' post. Something like that. Then there will be shedding of tears, knashing of teeth, and and gloom to befall us all.

Sent from my hooka via hash cloud.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I say we are due very soon for a 'Listen to me because I am important. I am selling my Rezound because I've waited long enoughandthisupdatewillnevercome......See ya and thanks for the memories' post. Something like that. Then there will be shedding of tears, knashing of teeth, and and gloom to befall us all.

I don't know why though. ICS has been available to anyone who cares to run the RUU. You don't even have to root to do it. If you choose not to do it then fine, you'll just have to wait but don't complain when there are ways to go about it and you choose not to.

Secondly, while ICS is pretty cool with full support for dual core phones, it's not going to make your Rezound stop bullets, or print money, or anything other than upgrade you to ICS.

In the end it's just a phone...a piece of hardware. I love my Rezound and I love tinkering with it but at the end of the day it's an in-antimate object and as such shouldn't have any value raising it to the level of frustration that requires tears, gnashing of teeth, or any of that.

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why though. ICS has been available to anyone who cares to run the RUU. You don't even have to root to do it. If you choose not to do it then fine, you'll just have to wait but don't complain when there are ways to go about it and you choose not to.

Secondly, while ICS is pretty cool with full support for dual core phones, it's not going to make your Rezound stop bullets, or print money, or anything other than upgrade you to ICS.

In the end it's just a phone...a piece of hardware. I love my Rezound and I love tinkering with it but at the end of the day it's an in-antimate object and as such shouldn't have any value raising it to the level of frustration that requires tears, gnashing of teeth, or any of that.

How dare you minimalize my gnashing of teeth! 'Tis my phone, second only to umm, well nothing! I don't need it to stop bullets, only cure procrastination :cool:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
How dare you minimalize my gnashing of teeth! 'Tis my phone, second only to umm, well nothing! I don't need it to stop bullets, only cure procrastination :cool:

Lol... Wasnt directed at you, just the general teeth gnashing over an update from a company with a track record of taking their sweet a$$ time doling out updates.

You may commence teeth gnashing as you see fit. :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm doing my rooting research ATM. I rooted my D1 and DX but not without going first through these fine guides we have here.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing my rooting research ATM. I rooted my D1 and DX but not without going first through these fine guides we have here.

It's been said ad infinitum but you do have the option to forego rooting and just flash the most recent candidate leak on your device.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Then I havent been paying enough attention! Ok then.....Ill have to look into that.

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I happened across my ole Thunderbolt yesterday, he said, "i gotz update?" "Not yet," was my reply. He slowly faded back into the sock drawer. Got to love HTC and Verizon!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So, not to make all you guys waiting crazy, but Sense 3.6 on top of ICS is not really all that different than S3.5. Sense 4 is where it's at, HTC really makes some nice changes in S4. I would say the best thing about ICS is you can run Nova or Apex launcher, and the variations of the stock ICS browser in the market extremely nice. But I say, what is the point of waiting just to ditch all the Sense stuff, just run that RUU, or better yet, root, s-off, RUU, and jam some Sense4.

Last edited:

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone heard new rumors on when the Razr line is getting ICS? I have a feeling ICS is ready for the Rezound, Verizon is just waiting for some Moto phones to get it first.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone heard new rumors on when the Razr line is getting ICS? I have a feeling ICS is ready for the Rezound, Verizon is just waiting for some Moto phones to get it first.

There's leaks for it, plus China got a introduction/instructional video featuring a fully functional ICS on the Razr. The latest rumor was that June 12th is either the release date, or the start of the soak test, which based on the previous Moto updates, has it pegged to last about 3 days.
So to recap, either June 12th or June 15th.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
There's leaks for it, plus China got a introduction/instructional video featuring a fully functional ICS on the Razr. The latest rumor was that June 12th is either the release date, or the start of the soak test, which based on the previous Moto updates, has it pegged to last about 3 days.
So to recap, either June 12th or June 15th.

Cool. I'm thinking the sooner the Razr gets it, the sooner we get it.

TomBarrister

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Root root root for the 1337 team

To those 1337 types who look down their nose at people who won't root their phones: not all of us care if we have the latest software, the coolest looking UI, the most functions to play with, etc. Some just want a device that does what it's supposed to do, without glitches and errors. Some like the comfort and security of having a valid warranty, and some of those will actually feel guilty if they screw up the phone and then perm-brick it so Tech can't tell it was rooted and will send a new one. To those of you who want to fool around with the many ROMs out there and/or who can't wait for the latest official update: that's all well and good, but it's your thing, not everybody else's.

Of course rooting and custom ROMs do have uses, and are sometimes the only alternative, such as upgrading a phone that isn't being supported anymore (think Motorola) to a later software version, or to fix some bug(s) that won't otherwise be fixed (think Samsung) and make the phone work better (or work at all). But the Rezound works well (or at least mine does) and hasn't been abandoned (yet) by either Verizon or HTC. In fact, as others have stated, it's still top-of-the-line at Verizon. I also understand the annoyance of the bloatware. When ICS comes out, it's all getting disabled and/or uninstalled, if the option is available. I'm aware that ICS is "better" than GB.

But my phone does what I want it to do, and I don't see any reason to root it so I can play with the latest "leaked" version or install any of the custom ROMs. Your mileage may vary.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Root root root for the 1337 team

To those 1337 types who look down their nose at people who won't root their phones

This message art for thou lordly fellows who looketh upon masses beneath thine brow simply for refusal to tamper with thy devices.

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

To those 1337 types who look down their nose at people who won't root their phones: not all of us care if we have the latest software, the coolest looking UI, the most functions to play with, etc. Some just want a device that does what it's supposed to do, without glitches and errors. Some like the comfort and security of having a valid warranty, and some of those will actually feel guilty if they screw up the phone and then perm-brick it so Tech can't tell it was rooted and will send a new one. To those of you who want to fool around with the many ROMs out there and/or who can't wait for the latest official update: that's all well and good, but it's your thing, not everybody else's.

Of course rooting and custom ROMs do have uses, and are sometimes the only alternative, such as upgrading a phone that isn't being supported anymore (think Motorola) to a later software version, or to fix some bug(s) that won't otherwise be fixed (think Samsung) and make the phone work better (or work at all). But the Rezound works well (or at least mine does) and hasn't been abandoned (yet) by either Verizon or HTC. In fact, as others have stated, it's still top-of-the-line at Verizon. I also understand the annoyance of the bloatware. When ICS comes out, it's all getting disabled and/or uninstalled, if the option is available. I'm aware that ICS is "better" than GB.

But my phone does what I want it to do, and I don't see any reason to root it so I can play with the latest "leaked" version or install any of the custom ROMs. Your mileage may vary.

Scottys lost in the sauce behind the transporter again. Paragraph 1 was supposed to be beamed to a neighboring Galaxy forum. I don't think anybody here is making judgement calls or acting elitist, over there, YES. There's plenty of forums outside of this one whose denizens be all to happy to oblige you with that kind of attitude but not in here as far as I can tell, unless you read something I missed entirely.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Soooo what's the problem then. Sound like you're quite happy with yours the way it is...well good then, leave it that way.

No one here is looking down their noses at anyone. My point earlier (and correct me if this wasn't at least partially directed my way) was that there are ways to get ICS without having to wait for Verizon and even without having to root so there really shouldn't be any complaining or "gnashing of teeth" as we were jokingly putting it. If you're cool with what you got, good. If you're itching for ICS or Sense 4.0, go get it done and stop whining. And running an RUU doesn't violate any warranty I'm aware of. You have to be locked to run it so you don't even have to mess with the HTC Dev-unlock stuff.

Also I'm not really sure what a "1337" type is.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Soooo what's the problem then. Sound like you're quite happy with yours the way it is...well good then, leave it that way.

No one here is looking down their noses at anyone. My point earlier (and correct me if this wasn't at least partially directed my way) was that there are ways to get ICS without having to wait for Verizon and even without having to root so there really shouldn't be any complaining or "gnashing of teeth" as we were jokingly putting it. If you're cool with what you got, good. If you're itching for ICS or Sense 4.0, go get it done and stop whining. And running an RUU doesn't violate any warranty I'm aware of. You have to be locked to run it so you don't even have to mess with the HTC Dev-unlock stuff.

Also I'm not really sure what a "1337" type is.

It's a Windows hacking reference from the 90s.