Necessary steps before making insurance claim?

MustangDan74

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there anything I should do before making an insurance claim for a broken screen? I am running CleanRom 4.2 ICS right now, I will root and ROM the new phone too, what should I do to transfer apps and data to the new phone when I get it? Can I simply do a Nandroid backup of my phone now and then restore it on the new phone once I install the recovery?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Can I simply do a Nandroid backup of my phone now and then restore it on the new phone once I install the recovery?
That would be the cats meow. Once you restore your Nandroid on the new phone it'll be identical to however you left the old phone at the time of the backup.
Once you have the new phone running to your satisfaction be sure to nuke the old one.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
For an insurance claim you don't need to do anything with the old phone. If you do a nandroid, remember that you have to make sure that the new phone is on the same firmware. Otherwise the Nandroid will do you no good.

Reactions: humpagardengnome

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
For an insurance claim you don't need to do anything with the old phone. If you do a nandroid, remember that you have to make sure that the new phone is on the same firmware. Otherwise the Nandroid will do you no good.

That has never even crossed my mind and it's stupid little things like that which usually trip me up. I've been fortunate not have found that out in a classic "left turn @ Albaquerque" sorta way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz