04-12-2018 12:52 PM
55 123
tools
    Mine isn't browser related but app related. Rather than try to figure out which app, I use BK Disabler, made for my Samsung and kill any Analytics, App Measurement and Campaign Tracking services and it stops. I just reset my phone and they started again but after importing my settings it stopped again. So if you have root or Samsung you can prevent this. If not, search the play store for any package disablersthat will work and kill those services.
    09-21-2017 08:11 AM
    I'm really late on this really I hate these kind of damn scams because that's what it is a scam lets hope you did not fall for this scam and for the next person who comes across these kind if scam don't fall for it!!!!!!!!!! Just remove the page and kill your browser history
    12-23-2017 01:11 PM
    Um I'm having the same problem with this particular popup and I don't use chrome for android. I use Opera on my phone.
    01-28-2018 12:21 AM
    Looks like Yahoo.com is a known source for these pop ups. I am assuming their ad system has been compromised:

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Other-pr...p/378652#M6114
    02-11-2018 01:08 PM
    SOLUTION: Use your mobile data.
    ISSUE: This only happens when I connect to my WiFi.
    I only use data for when I am on the websites that keep getting the popup. I don't always get them.
    I hope that is helpful. I know it is a waste of data but I use my WiFi for things like YouTube and other websites that don't give me the popup. I just got my Samsung S9+ and I was so upset when this kept happening.
    Good luck!
    04-12-2018 12:52 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD