04-12-2018 12:52 PM
55 123
tools
    Getting these pop-ups the last few days. Seems like when I open the browser is when it happens, not every time by any means, but about 3 times over the weekend. Anyone else ever see these and should I be worried? I suppose I could run a virus scan. What is your favorite security app for android?

06-11-2012 08:49 AM
    Getting these pop-ups the last few days. Seems like when I open the browser is when it happens, not every time by any means, but about 3 times over the weekend. Anyone else ever see these and should I be worried? I suppose I could run a virus scan. What is your favorite security app for android?

Click to view quoted image

I would go ahead and run a scan. I use Lookout Mobile Security & Lookout Ad Network Detector
    06-11-2012 09:12 AM
    You have an app jacking your browser. Take a good hard look at your apps.
    06-11-2012 09:20 AM
    I can't believe you guys. He just won a friggin' iPad 3 times in a row! Congrats man!

06-11-2012 09:51 AM
    You have an app jacking your browser. Take a good hard look at your apps.

Is that Facebook?

Definitely get a security app. I use Trustgo free version and it will warn me about apps that have pop up or ads and I just remove them.
    EgretOwl likes this.
    06-11-2012 10:41 AM
    Is that Facebook?

Definitely get a security app. I use Trustgo free version and it will warn me about apps that have pop up or ads and I just remove them.
    Securi-who? lol I can't see wasting good money on something so trivial. Factory reset will keep you safer than any app.
    06-11-2012 01:23 PM
    I can't believe you guys. He just won a friggin' iPad 3 times in a row! Congrats man!

Any rezound that shows me I won a iPad would get sent back for a new rezound! Got to show those rezounds who's boss!
    06-11-2012 01:27 PM

He probably rejected it because it had a lower resolution than his smartphone.
    06-11-2012 01:33 PM
    I getting these too, says I've won a free Iphone. Pops up at the most inconvenient times.

I can't seem to identify when it pops up. Maybe it is related to Facebook, but not sure.

It's too bad there is no real advice on what to do anywhere.

All's folks can offer here is "run a scan".

I do have the Malware Bytes app, but it will not complete it's scan without crashing, so far.
    THAT'S not good.

I'm going to download the BitDefender app and see if that helps.

Does seems like maybe my browser has been highjacked but I don't need to be using the browser for the pop up to appear.

Can't seem to find much detailed advice.
    "Congratulations! You have won!" pop-ups? Should I worry?-new-iphone7-2015-10-13-05.07.46.jpg
    10-12-2015 04:05 AM
    I've been getting these too for the last few days. I THINK it only started after my Nexus 5 upgraded to Marshmallow. I did have non-trusted sources turned on for a short while as I was installing Amazon Prime Instant Video but that is off again now.

I have run a scan with Avast but it has found no infections, I have installed Ad-Blocker thinking it was being triggered by ads but it is still happening.

My feeling is we have a new attack, does anyone think uninstalling Chrome could fix it?

EDIT: For the record I don't have facebook installed so it's not that.
    10-21-2015 05:41 AM
    Curious, I just decided to install Malwarebytes myself and the scan crashed for me too. Coincidence?
    10-21-2015 07:15 AM
    I also have been getting these as well on my Samsung s6 edge only got the phone 8days ago and this started a Cpl of days ago have even done a hard reset, have not downloaded any apps since I have done the reset and I still get the you have won an iphone 7 when I go on the internet, any help will be appreciated as the phone is an expensive alarm clock at the moment
    10-22-2015 01:31 PM
    I loaded the Amazon app a couple of days ago. coincidence? I'm about to remove it and then scan.
    11-02-2015 02:56 AM
    I have been getting the same pop up for a week now, were you able to figure out what the issue was?
    11-07-2015 09:30 AM
    I got the s"free" iPhone 6S pop up today on my note 5. Any resolution from anyone? Appeared to be from facebook, facebook.com--prize info . Didn't click through anything from there, nobody "gives away" $699 phones without some catch....
    12-30-2015 12:19 PM
    it is not the phone it is your router, reset the DNS and it should go away and also change the password of the router to something different than the default one it came with
    12-31-2015 07:54 AM
    DNS and router settings have nothing to do with popups on a phone...
    01-03-2016 09:49 AM
    try and do a bit of a search and you will realise that it does, not saying that it is 100% in this case but plenty reports of this specific problem due to router being hacked
    01-04-2016 01:49 AM
    I'm on 4G LTE and have been getting them, it's not a router.
    01-05-2016 09:15 AM
    It's coming from an app, probably a game or other "free" app... Use https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...addonsdetector to find what has permission to send you push ads and remove it
    01-06-2016 01:41 AM
    I just started getting this scam a couple of weeks ago, completely unrelated i delivered my phone to get a repair two days ago.
    The very next day, I got the pop-up scam on the phone I am now borrowing from the shop where I delivered my phone.
    It might be a coincidence, but it leads me to believe that this is something related to my google account, and not the phone or apps.

I tried the addons detector, but it didn`t find anything that had push notification permissions.
    02-04-2016 02:05 AM
    I had these for a long while. The default browser on my android phone is Chrome, and it did it a lot on there. I got Firefox browser on my phone and it did it on that too but not as often. About 4 or so months ago I discovered AdBlock Browser. Made by the same people that have the add-on for PC browser Firefox. Installed that one, haven't seen that error since.

Now I have a friend who uses Chrome on his phone to look at Facebook and every time he clicks a link I share he gets this pop up. It makes the noise freezes up his phone, and according to him deposits a virus. He blames my phone for it. saying it has a virus. I ran Glary Utilities for Mobile on it, and it always came back clean. Removed Glary and installed AVAST mobile and it scans clean too. I think my friend is in error and the virus is on his phone and when he thinks he has removed it, he hasn't.

Any thoughts?
    03-10-2016 07:01 PM
    Just saw this thread is for HTC's on Verizon, neither of which I have. I have a Motorola Moto G through I-Wireless.
    03-10-2016 07:04 PM
    Got this also a few times over the latest couple of months. Galaxy S4 on Verizon, Chrome browser.

Ad URL is from amazonaws, imitates a Facebook page. Claims it's a promotion run by whatever website I was on at the time the popup happened.

Happened this time while using cellular data, not wifi, so that eliminates router problems....
    04-03-2016 10:17 AM
    I get these all the time and they really get on my nerves I looked at the URL and for some of them it is findforfun.com FIND FOR FUN I feel as though people are tracking our phones I also get a page that tells me my phone is fatally damaged but this is not a LEGITIMATE page it's another scam I would really appreciate a true way to get rid of this for good thanks in advance, BTW I have CM Security and that never finds anything bad on my phone so I have no idea what's going on.
    04-18-2016 09:59 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD