RIP poor Rezound

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I was downloading files for the new Max Payne game, phone plugged in and it got really hot. I decided to take the battery out and let it cool down, and now it's dead :(. Called VZW and got a replacement sent out, so I get to flash the last ICS leak and re-setup my phone. Hopefully I didn't lose anything important on the internal memory, except for game files.

In the meantime, any suggestions for possibly bringing this phone back to life?

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
When u start it up, does it bootloop?
Or nothing at all? Mine did that the other day. I shut it down. It went into bootloop when I powered it back up. I had to pull the battery a few times. It started working again after bout 3-5 minutes if retrying.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you have done this, but have you let it sit will no battery or charger for a few hours and then tried? My phone was dead for ten minutes one time with same would not do anything symptoms. It eventually came back after I left the battery out though

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
No, haven't tried that yet. Called VZW immediately to get a replacement in route and have been playing around with batteries and chargers since. I will give the no battery/charger a try, nothing to lose lol.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, are you using clockworkMOD recovery? If so, this could be the problem. CWM won't charge a dead battery. Need to get your battery in another phone, or on a wall charger.

Oh, and install TWRP or Amon RA

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
What if Verizon gets it to work, are you worried about them seeing your root and custom rom

Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
They won't bother. The will plug it in and if it fires up, flash the whole thing to stock. If it doesn't, they will rip it down.

I say they will flash immediately because they need to troubleshoot from a known position, not from the position of dealing with whatever the user set up. No one will care

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My first Rezound when it heated up would lose a charge even on the charger, and would drain at a silly pace until it cooled down. Silly pace is loosely defined as losing 2-4% every minute. I would have bet the battery would still discharge even out of the phone until it cooled off.

But the point is moo if he doesn't have CWM.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
No custom ROM, just using the leaked ICS. The battery had ~50% charge on an extended battery. I left the battery out all night and tried again but it's fried. My replacement will be here in a few hours, so not too bad.
The phone was working fine until I took the battery out, so it intrigues me as to what exactly happened.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
No custom ROM, just using the leaked ICS. The battery had ~50% charge on an extended battery. I left the battery out all night and tried again but it's fried. My replacement will be here in a few hours, so not too bad.
The phone was working fine until I took the battery out, so it intrigues me as to what exactly happened.

Oh man, I hope gardengnome chimes in on this. I think he had an ICS leak running when his phone also died. If so, we might be on to something here.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, I hope gardengnome chimes in on this. I think he had an ICS leak running when his phone also died. If so, we might be on to something here.

Sorry, to see it happened to another Rez owner. I had dropped in the Bamf/Pkmn rom exactly a week before my phone died on me. Similar story to mine, so I'm pretty sure it was an overheating issue. I pulled my battery and it never registered a charge after that. Got my refurb. & never heard anything from them except they received the return. So I'm pretty confident in supporting Pizzzadudes hypothesis on returning w/ with an ICS rom if the phone is dead. I don't think they've got anyone taking time to do much investigating on what happened to the dead returns. If they can't get em back on, I'm sure they'll just strip em done for components and such.

jglid87

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I wish I would have seen this sooner I'm probably too late. My rezound did the SAME thing during a different game download. If you remove the battery and plug your phone in it should light up for a bit. After a few attempts I managed to grt it to charge and power on by reinserting the battery while the charge light was on. And now my rezound is back to normal. It wasn't easy though have patience and give it several trys. Of course I'm NOT using a leaked ics so maybe you are on to something....

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, i used to work at a Ford factory where we built ac compressors. We were also where they sent all the warranty returns to us. Part of my job was to tear them down and see why they failed. Part of them were perfect, just replaced as part of entire system. Others were supposedly out of new cars but were obviously years old.

It didn't matter, they just scrapped everything and went on. Verizon is the same, it takes too much time to closely diagnose everything. Plus you'd have to pay people more to be able to do such diagnostics.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173