Random Data Slowdowns

Herbiegaf3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this ever happens to anybody else but it has happened to me twice so far today. Mobile websites that normally load in 2-3 seconds start taking significantly longer to load, 30 seconds to a minute. I am also unable to download anything in the google play store, every time I try it just times out. I'm not moving and my reception seems to be fine. I am using Dolphin Browser HD. Once this happens it doesn't seem to speed back up. Resetting my phone corrects the problem but I'm more concerned with why it is happening.

Thanks,
Sean

Last edited:

babytazz18

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this ever happens to anybody else but it has happened to me twice so far today. Mobile websites that normally load in 2-3 seconds start taking significantly longer to load, 30 seconds to a minute. I am also unable to download anything in the google play store, every time I try it just times out. I'm not moving and my reception seems to be fine. I am using Dolphin Browser HD. Once this happens it doesn't seem to speed back up. Resetting my phone corrects the problem but I'm more concerned with why it is happening.

Thanks,
Sean

The same has been happening to me and I use Dolphin also. But the pushed an update last night and things seem to be fine again. Also next time it happens check and make sure it's not your signal dropping in and out, Verizon seems to be having issues lately with signal dropouts.

Herbiegaf3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The same has been happening to me and I use Dolphin also. But the pushed an update last night and things seem to be fine again. Also next time it happens check and make sure it's not your signal dropping in and out, Verizon seems to be having issues lately with signal dropouts.

Thanks for the response. Are you saying they pushed an update of Dolphin? I don't think that's the issue here because that wouldn't explain why I can't download apps from google play. I didn't bother restarting my phone yesterday and it fixed itself in about an hour or so. Definitely didn't look like my signal was dropping in and out, had a steady 3-4 bar signal the whole time.

Herbiegaf3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It happened again just now. Internet seemed to be working fine and out of nowhere it just slowed to a crawl. I ran 8 consecutive speed tests, one finished with 100k download and 18k upload speeds and the other 7 failed due to network issues. I restarted my phone and 10 seconds later my speeds were back up to 600/600. Through this entire time my signal was at -89 dbm.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Are you saying they pushed an update of Dolphin? I don't think that's the issue here because that wouldn't explain why I can't download apps from google play. I didn't bother restarting my phone yesterday and it fixed itself in about an hour or so. Definitely didn't look like my signal was dropping in and out, had a steady 3-4 bar signal the whole time.

Bars only indicate voice signal strength.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It happened again just now. Internet seemed to be working fine and out of nowhere it just slowed to a crawl. I ran 8 consecutive speed tests, one finished with 100k download and 18k upload speeds and the other 7 failed due to network issues. I restarted my phone and 10 seconds later my speeds were back up to 600/600. Through this entire time my signal was at -89 dbm.

If you got the signal strength from the secret menu, then that is only 3g signal strength.

Herbiegaf3

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If you got the signal strength from the secret menu, then that is only 3g signal strength.

Didn't know that, but regardless I'm just trying to figure out why my data drops to a crawl while sitting in the exact same spot it works most of the time, and then requires me to reboot in order to get my speed back up or wait over an hour for it to fix itself.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, is it the same place(location) that you get lower speeds in? Personally this sounds like a bad LTE sim, but I'm just going on symptoms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey