Any news yet? On the... You know ..update?

lilmyssSlim

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Just asking and ...where again would I.find the leaked version just in case I might decide to try...(though scared I will screw my phone)...as I said in a previois post....I.soooo lack patience.

sent from this old school ReZound! no ICS :'(

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I hit the tipping point last nite and flashed the Rom (unrooted). Very quick.....most time spent reloading apps.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Just asking and ...where again would I.find the leaked version just in case I might decide to try...(though scared I will screw my phone)...as I said in a previois post....I.soooo lack patience.

sent from this old school ReZound! no ICS :'(

I think if there were news this forum would be exploding.

If you don't have the patience go get you some RUU action. I don't have a link, just Google it or search the forum using the "search" feature.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Quick tip.....when you plug in your phone into your computer it will see two additional disk drives. Stick the RUU into the one with 16 gb. You always see instructions about sticking it into the root of your sdcard but it is partitioned into two and that instruction is pretty obtuse. Disable fastboot before you do this.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Quick tip.....when you plug in your phone into your computer it will see two additional disk drives. Stick the RUU into the one with 16 gb. You always see instructions about sticking it into the root of your sdcard but it is partitioned into two and that instruction is pretty obtuse. Disable fastboot before you do this.

It's not obtuse its accurate. One drive is the internal memory (usually labeled HTC something something by the computer). The other one is the external SD card you can physically move and swap with another if necessary (its usually labeled unknown). Two separate memory cards. When people say put it on the root of your SD they mean the external SD card the one you can remove and don't put it in any folder. Verizon (or HTC) probably installed it for you but if you lift up the battery you'll see its easily removed and swappable with another card.

We use the external sd card because it does not get wiped during the ROM or RUU instalation process.

Last edited:

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I hit the tipping point last nite and flashed the Rom (unrooted). Very quick.....most time spent reloading apps.

Sent from my hookah via hash cloud

use My Backup Pro. dont' use TB.

just reinstall all the apps that way. works like a charm. i just flashed this past week finally. worked beautifully

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
O and anyone thinking about flashing the leak, don't worry about danger too much. Just make sure the phone is fully charged and you have nothing to worry about. Just for the love of god don't take the battery out while it's flashing lol.

O and make sure to flash it twice to avoid issues.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
It's not obtuse its accurate. One drive is the internal memory (usually labeled HTC something something by the computer). The other one is the external SD card you can physically move and swap with another if necessary (its usually labeled unknown).

Mine were labeled drives 'M' and 'N', so yes it was obtuse to me.

Mikem8067

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
so, here is the deal. Verizon doesn't care if or when you as a end user gets ics. They already have your money and they have no in incentive to provide a better service. Yes, it would be great to get ics in a timely matter but it is not going to happen. You would be better off if you enjoyed your phone for the next 6 months. Then check in and see if maybe. Vwz got around to upgrading the OS. Till then quit staring at your navel... And get over it...

joedirt2217

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just a note: MAKE A COPY OF YOUR INTERNAL MEMORY, especially If you are going to use something like MY Backup Pro to backup all your apps and data. Installing the RUU will wipe it all out, at least it did for me. (Luckily I did this before flashing...)

mike.stump

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Feeling like an idiot here, I have downloaded the zip file from like five different sources and every time I go to unzip windows says it is an invalid file. Does the extension need to be renamed? Link to instructions?:p

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Feeling like an idiot here, I have downloaded the zip file from like five different sources and every time I go to unzip windows says it is an invalid file. Does the extension need to be renamed? Link to instructions?:p

Well that depends. Is it the exe file your downloading or the zip. If it's the zip you don't unzip it, you just transfer it to you SD card. I'll try and link full instructions when I get back to a real computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles