Stock Android mail client not working with Yahoo

mannyvigi1985

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC rezound and since yesterday I am having problems logging in to my yahoo email account. I have same issue with my tablet.

I have to log into my email via my PC then it works.

Is anyone experiencing this problem?

What are the correct settings?

kingttx

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I have similar problems; this started around 1pm or so Pacific Time today. None of the default Android app, K-9, or even my wife's iPhone will list messages even though I can log in. They will show how many but they won't show the listing, plus if I send an email from my phone, it sends a bunch of duplicates.

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Ahh haa! I think I got a solution for you!
I just factory reset my Rezound two nights ago and erased everything so I was setting mine up yesterday and couldnt get the yahoo account configured. I wanted to set a IMAP instead of a POP. I kept ketting a "wrong password or username" error So i go check my wifes phone and see that her's works still and the setting are the same..Heres what fixed it for me...
Use the internet on your phones browser and log into your yahoo mail account. there are some security hoops that you have to jump through then after that try your stock mail app and it should log you in then. But I also remember downloading the yahoo mail app from the store and logged in using that then deleteing it..but cant remember which i did first so try the browser method first. lemme know if it worked for ya's

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
You might have more luck with the Yahoo mail app. It is free and much nicer interface than the stock mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair