RIP Unlimited..even if you ordered in time?!?!?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
That's just plain dirty...and pretty dishonest as well. Hopefully it's not the case because they clearly stated in their presser that customers would have until the 6/28 cut off. And I'm sure Verizon's lawyers wouldn't sign of on out and out lying.

Ha, nevermind. I take that back. I just RTFA and the dude in question ordered an SGS3. Which isn't out yet. So order or no, Verizon actually didn't do anything wrong here...other than delay the SGS3 long enough to kick people as hard as they could off of the unlimited data plans.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If you ordered and unlimited is on your receipt they can't take it away. Otherwise that is an automatic get out of contract free.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: We’re now hearing that this might be an error on Verizon’s part, and customers should indeed be able to keep their unlimited plans when they purchase the Galaxy S III, as we heard previously.

BigDNY#AC

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yup seeing the same thing.. I jumped the gun... Sorry!

Wasn't buying one anyway...But I knew a few who did for this reason...

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: We?re now hearing that this might be an error on Verizon?s part, and customers should indeed be able to keep their unlimited plans when they purchase the Galaxy S III, as we heard previously.

Yea sure an "error" on Verizon's part. I'm almost certain that they intentionally did this to see how many people they could catch not paying attention to the fact that they lost unlimited data. I'm sure they'll get a few hundred maybe thousand of people to convert to tiered data.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea sure an "error" on Verizon's part. I'm almost certain that they intentionally did this to see how many people they could catch not paying attention to the fact that they lost unlimited data. I'm sure they'll get a few hundred maybe thousand of people to convert to tiered data.

Typical verizon bait and switch (or at least attempts to mislead) attempt. Whether intentional or not i won't speculate. Similar issues has happened to me on 5 phones now, so I am used to it. Basically, they will say, sorry, we can't help you, unlimited data, or whatever it may be cannot be had because of X reason. In these scenarios, I find that you have to be persistent, patient and firm and elevate it as necessary. I have gotten what is rightfully mine in every instance. Typically, these calls will run over an hour.

My guess would be that either the csr is not aware of the issue and for whatever reason doesn't want to find out how to do it, or knows of the issue but doesn't want to get supervisor approval

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Workers in stores cannot change plans past what is currently available usually, so what they will do is make you call to their awful machine service and get lost in the thing until you finally get to someone that can help. Then that person will probably first tell you you cannot have it. If you raise a stink they will give it to you, if not they won't. I wonder how many ppl will just accept the first answer from the phone person and let that be it?

A piece of advise from experience. If you need something from the phone service, as soon as it picks up just say "I want to talk to someone. " that will take you straight to a real person that can direct you from there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Workers in stores cannot change plans past what is currently available usually, so what they will do is make you call to their awful machine service and get lost in the thing until you finally get to someone that can help. Then that person will probably first tell you you cannot have it. If you raise a stink they will give it to you, if not they won't. I wonder how many ppl will just accept the first answer from the phone person and let that be it?

A piece of advise from experience. If you need something from the phone service, as soon as it picks up just say "I want to talk to someone. " that will take you straight to a real person that can direct you from there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

i just keep pressing "0" and it usually transfers me to an agent.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This is why I have 5 lines and I carry unused feature phones on two lines. This allows me staggered upgrade dates and I can upgrade a feature phone line to a smart phone, move the new smart phone to an unlimited data line, then put the feature phone back and drop the tiered data.

Painful in practice but works.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is why I have 5 lines and I carry unused feature phones on two lines. This allows me staggered upgrade dates and I can upgrade a feature phone line to a smart phone, move the new smart phone to an unlimited data line, then put the feature phone back and drop the tiered data.

Painful in practice but works.

Not anymore you can't. Once you upgrade ANY phone on your plan, your current plan goes bye-bye and you have to move to Share Everything.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Not anymore you can't. Once you upgrade ANY phone on your plan, your current plan goes bye-bye and you have to move to Share Everything.

So I guess I'll be sticking with my Rezound until it completely dies.

What if you buy a phone outright, no contract and just swap phones to it. Like if I buy a Nexigooglegalaxyoctocore IV but I buy it outright then have them trade that for my Rezound, would I still be able to keep my unlimited?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If your phone uses a micro SIM, all you have to do is pop it in to the new phone you buy. You don't have to call vzw to activate

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
So I guess I'll be sticking with my Rezound until it completely dies.

What if you buy a phone outright, no contract and just swap phones to it. Like if I buy a Nexigooglegalaxyoctocore IV but I buy it outright then have them trade that for my Rezound, would I still be able to keep my unlimited?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Yes but Google will never sell the CDMA version directly. You'd need to buy the Verizon version from Verizon for Verizon money($700) instead of paying Google $400 for the GSM version.

**Going by Galaxy Nexus prices.

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Which is more Verizon BS because each phone has a different contract. if you upgrade a dummy phone you shouldn't have to change plans.. if anyone had any balls in this country and stood up for whats right we could actually make a difference.. cancel all phones and insurance and watch them panic!!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes but Google will never sell the CDMA version directly. You'd need to buy the Verizon version from Verizon for Verizon money($700) instead of paying Google $400 for the GSM version.

**Going by Galaxy Nexus prices.

never say never....

anything is possible

Which is more Verizon BS because each phone has a different contract. if you upgrade a dummy phone you shouldn't have to change plans.. if anyone had any balls in this country and stood up for whats right we could actually make a difference.. cancel all phones and insurance and watch them panic!!

Not going to happen.. anyone doesn't matter.. it would take EVERYONE to have balls to affect something like this.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I liken this idea to everyone not buying gas ... It's great in theory but impossible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech