Otterbox Commuter or BodyGlove?

kadmanMusic

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Is the Otterbox Commuter series twice as good as the Bodyglove? I like the two-toned red case, but if it's not going to protect the phone, what's the point? However, I can buy two and a half of them for the price of one Commuter.

Advice?

g8-rez

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The otterbox is great. I have had one on each of my last three phones. Never had a broke screen, or any damage from a drop. Not that i drop my phone a lot, but the cases last and protect very well.
If your worried about price, look at ebay. You can get brand new, in unopened box for $20.

jmez900

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Got the commuter w/ shipping for $20 on amazon. Haven't had the bodyglove though but liking the OB. A bit bulky imo but worth it

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
A family member has an Otterbox for her DInc2 - amazing. Protects everything, but isn't overwhelming to hold.

I tried to find the same case for a Rez + extended battery - Otterbox doesn't make 'em. :(

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an otterbox on my rezound and inspire. I will be getting one when I upgrade to the galaxy s3. I love these cases. Also otterbox stands behind them and it anything happens to the case they will replace it.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Never tried the body glove, but OB has a great reputation. I got mine for @$20 from amazon. I use it all the time except when I use the extended battery. I can tell you I normal baby my phone, but with the otterbox, I can relax with it. It's fallen out of my pockets, hands, counter.....you name it. The case is solid and fully protects my rezound. I get nervous when I use the extended battery because I can't use the otterbox then. If protection is what you want, Otterbox will do it and do it well. If you want the look, get the body glove. I can't speak good or bad about it.

kadmanMusic

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, all. Appreciate the insight. Sounds like OB is the way to go just based on the fact that no one has any experience with the BG. Seems like, if it were good, people would have it.

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, all. Appreciate the insight. Sounds like OB is the way to go just based on the fact that no one has any experience with the BG. Seems like, if it were good, people would have it.

You will like the OB commuter case. It offers great protection in a thin profile case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 Incipio Silicrylic cases which are like the Otterbox commuter cases. Dual layer with a self adhering screen protectors. I chose Incipio because of the color choices. I've had both Otterbox and Incipio for other phones and tend to lean toward the Incipio. They have a better feel. Less slippery. Either one is an awesome way to protect though. I also have the body glove. It's nice looking but I wouldn't rely on it to protect if your phone is dropped. It's good to protect against day to day small stuff. Like sitting on your desk at work. Protects against a small scratch. As soon as my Incipio came the body glove was thrown in the drawer. Also have an Aegis by Trident. That one is more like the Otterbox Defender. Just more color choices. I get all my cases off of eBay.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Kerafyrm

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
You can still use the Otterbox Defender with the extended battery, but you would have to leave out the back polycarbonate cover.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Xim4bmGpk[/YT]

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12