VZW put commitment to ICS upgrade for Rez in writing on news site

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: VZW put commitment to ICS upgrade for Rez in writing on news

Again here we are, where everyone clearly is looking to get a freebe/handout from verizon here. You call to complain about not getting ICS and they give you what, credit on your bill? A year of service? Neither of which are a phone with ICS..

I'll trade my demand for official ICS for a free year of service. :D BTW, how come when it's Verizon charging more or removing features it's defended as "running a business" but when customers angle for perks it's called "getting a free-be/handout"? ;)

Last edited:

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
OK....so far the only thing that's happened is it didn't get ics in early 2012.

Things do get delayed. Happens all the time in different areas of life. Hell....babies come late sometimes.

Let's wait till 2013, if it didnt get it by then....with no further notice....before anyone decides to Occupy Verizon ..

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I'll trade my demand for official ICS for a free year of service. :D BTW, how come when it's Verizon charging more or removing features it's defended as "running a business" but when customers angle for perks it's called "getting a free-be/handout"? ;)

Because nothing is free. All the people demanding free stuff and getting it just pass those costs on to those of us that are honest about what we do with our phones. Verizon is in the business of making money, not giving you puppies because you are sad.

Reactions: Bond32

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't think people are calling in and demanding compensation for Verizon going back on their word. But if it's offered, why not take it?

Whubblesbuddy

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Because nothing is free. All the people demanding free stuff and getting it just pass those costs on to those of us that are honest about what we do with our phones. Verizon is in the business of making money, not giving you puppies because you are sad.
Emphasis added.

Funny you should word it that way because Verizon sure hasn't been honest about what they are doing with their phones that they are selling us, are they?

Your argument seems to have suffered a fail.

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Me personally I'm done with verizon,i have had Motorola's droid x and a x2,and a Bionic,sold my Bionic and bought a Rezound last November,I luv my HTC,but obviously Verizon hates it therefore its put on the back burner,in my opinion and along with a few of u fellas on here,this is the best damn phone Verizon offers still to date,I can't stand someone promising something and don't deliver,I guess for where I live at and want 4g consistently my only option is to go to at&t,until they treat me and my under a year old out of date device like a piece of s&$t....

sent from my ics equipped REZOUND

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to mention,that's what a Verizon in store rep said about my Rezound today,out of date.L.M.F.A.O...

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

OK....so far the only thing that's happened is it didn't get ics in early 2012.

Things do get delayed. Happens all the time in different areas of life. Hell....babies come late sometimes.

Let's wait till 2013, if it didnt get it by then....with no further notice....before anyone decides to Occupy Verizon ..

Sent from my Droid using Android Central Forums

Good point but my baby was due 6 months ago. End of life is about 10 to 12 months these days so I won't get to spend much time with it.lol

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't want a puppy from Verizon! I don't want the same company to piss on my leg twice as much.

Reactions: GC736 and veevans01

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to mention,that's what a Verizon in store rep said about my Rezound today,out of date.L.M.F.A.O...

They seriously said your Rezound was out of date? That's unbelievable! I'd gladly ditch my Nexus for one!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

These delays are not all that uncommon. It took about seven months for the Thunderbolt to get Gingerbread. And I vaguely recall something being said, whether Verizon or HTC, to expect it soon after release. Regardless, it didn’t factor in to why I purchased the phone. There’s an often said adage regarding smartphones: don’t purchase one based on what it may get in the future, but for what it currently has (regardless of marketing B.S.). :)

One more point: all the rage toward Verizon, what about HTC or Apple? What if HTC originally told Verizon to expect ICS for the Rezound and since that time something happened causing a major delay? (Would you be happy with half baked ICS?) May be Apple's war against HTC has thrown a wrench in the works causing even more delays? As a consumer, we're rarely privy to the behind the scenes workings of why these things happen. Even if you did know, it would just open another can of worms and people would rage. It’s a never ending cycle and IMO a waste of energy.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

You guys are killing me. Fine, I guess I understand some frustration but it still boils down to people seeing this event to get a little extra somehow, a credit on their bill or upgrade moved up whatever the case.

I tried the stock ICS. The dual core support didn't show me a drastic holy crap this is amazing improvement, although I may have not given it enough time. Battery life is literally exactly the same for me with my day to day usage. In my opinion the current GB isn't so bad.

I guess people just won't be happy. You want to write letters, complain over the phone, go ahead. I am about 94% sure it won't make the update come any faster and everyone who complains KNOWS this. So why do it? Oh ya for that year of service or credit on their bill.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

You guys are killing me. Fine, I guess I understand some frustration but it still boils down to people seeing this event to get a little extra somehow, a credit on their bill or upgrade moved up whatever the case.

I tried the stock ICS. The dual core support didn't show me a drastic holy crap this is amazing improvement, although I may have not given it enough time. Battery life is literally exactly the same for me with my day to day usage. In my opinion the current GB isn't so bad.

I guess people just won't be happy. You want to write letters, complain over the phone, go ahead. I am about 94% sure it won't make the update come any faster and everyone who complains KNOWS this. So why do it? Oh ya for that year of service or credit on their bill.

I have 2 on the leak for a month and a half now and 2 that aren't. And there is a considerable difference between ICS and GB! Battery life, functionality, and smoothness. Is it possible your saying things to try to make a point. You seem to be putting more effort into detouring and blasting people than the people that are complaining. What's up Willis. Do you work for VZW or are you trolling.

amadkins

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My experience has been that the move to ics is a resounding "meh". The change from gb is underwhelming as the user experience is mainly driven by sense. That said, the leak is super easy to install, so I'd recommend you just flash it and quit worrying about the ota. It's a good phone no matter what os you're running.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And again this must be your first android phone with vzw. They pretty much say that about any new phone not on latestedt os. The razr was promised it late last year and just got it. The bionic was promised ics and guess still no ics even though its close to same as razr internals. Galaxy nexus Google pushing jelly bean and vzw is pushing another ics build. Ahitttt happens deal with it enjoy your phone. Never buy a phone with a promise of a upgrade. And if u do get that upgrade be glad because most likely its your last major os.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

You are right nothing is free, I pay for something I want what's promised. I have not gotten that so they have failed in their business promise. If they said q4 of 2012 this is not a discussion.

If I did not fulfill my obligation to Verizon as their customer there are repercussions for me. Why can't they be accountable for not living up to their end?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

JudasMaxx

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't think this is causing Verizon's already high costs.If they don't or won't give you what you paid for and they offer you a free year of service, you are going to turn it down?? I hope you don't turn it down for me because I'm sure it will not affect me or my bill. They wouldn't offer it if it didn't benefit them.
No need to think everyone is out to get freebies and put em down for it.

Some of us would not waste the time to call and kvetch about a software update and therefore wouldn't get to the point where we were offered a free year of service.