Music not showing up in Play Music

JRLiger

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
First time this has ever happened to me, and I've been using the built in Music app for some time. I bought some music from Amazon. Attached my Rezound and copied it over (directory and all) to my SD card. Load up Play Music and the album isn't there at all - not a single song. If I open the build in Music app, it's there. If I go through my file manager and click on a song it plays in any app I want it to play in (Music or Play). I've restarted my phone and it still isn't showing up in Play Music

Any ideas?

JRLiger

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that's the issue. I've rebooted my phone, which mounts/unmounts the card, and that didn't solve it. Also, the album does show up in other music apps. The only app it fails to show up in is Play Music.

tazzy519

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem too and this solution works for me also but I have to do it EVERY TIME I add new music or restart my phone..

mlbau

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem when I add music and go to the Google player there is nothing or only the music I last added, I have rebooted the phone and no joy, I have found though if I uninstall the last update and reinstall it all my music is back... there seems to be no help from Google and the problem persists

Terry Turner

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
If you find that certain songs are missing from albums, just go to that album in google play desktop, select all the tracks and right click... then select 'edit track info'.

A box will appear with the information for you to edit, but you don't have to do a thing, just click on save and the tracks will then sync to your android device!

Strange, but it works for me ;^\

rimroot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Think I got it. Had to clear cache, clear data, and force stop the app. It's now refreshing the music and I see the album.

I had same issue. I bought album in Google Play and only half of them were visible. Clearing cache and data solved this issue.

akiraaisha

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I think the latest version of Google Play Music has its bug. What I did is I Uninstalled the Google Play Music in Play Store, so basically it will go to its outdated version. But when I use it, It works fine now. I can play my musics fine and all.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I just started experiencing this issue where not all of my music on my sd card shows up in the Google Play Music app. After reading the above posts, I Force stopped the app and then disabled it, which brought the app back to the factory version. I restarted my phone and then enabled the app. All of my music is now there. I have not updated the app yet. I will wait a day or two before updating the app to see how things go. If, after updating the app, the problem re-appears, then to me, there is a glitch in the app...not our sd cards. I will test and get back in a few days.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech