Renaming RUU questions

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My first question is this: Can I install the RUU on my phone if it is waiting for me in dropbox?

Also, if I can do this, should I rename the file right now while it is in dropbox?

Oh ... and while I am at asking questions, how do I know if my SD card is or is not encryped?

Thank you!!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
1. Dropbox.. Umm no you need it on the SD card.
2. You can rename it anywhere doesn't matter as long as it's named properly
3. If you did not encrypt your SD then by defualt it is not encrypted

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I don't recall encrypting the card so I am going to assume it is not.

I will remane the file and I think I will hook my phone up to my computer now and move it over.

Thank you!

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to hear about your results. I am still trying to wait for the OTA, but I think I will go for it if we don't have ICS after the first week of August.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Reactions: skatergirl

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Major ... I think I might be able to move the file over to my sd card from dropbox. I thought I had already moved the file to dropbox, but apparently I hadn't. So, I am doing that now. It is a large file so it is taking a bit.

Anyway, I was able to move another file from dropbox to my sdcard/ext_sd file, so I am guessing that I will be able to move the renamed file over as well. I'll keep you posted. It would probably take less time to just hook up to the computer!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to hear about your results. I am still trying to wait for the OTA, but I think I will go for it if we don't have ICS after the first week of August.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

I have been trying to gear myself up for this. I know my way around electronics and software, but I am no expert.

I ask myself, do I really need to do this and then I think about the advantages I might be missing out on. I get impatient and then I get chicken!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Skater if you run into problems I know someone at least in Phx that can help lol Of course I do live in Awahtukee

LOL Major! Glad to know you are close by!!

Ok ... I downloaded the file to my SD card. Its location is in /mnt/sdcard

I do not see SDcard2. I do see sdcard/ext_sd

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Same difference. you could put it in /sdcard2 or /mnt/sdcard2 or /sdcard/ext_sd or /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd ... they all point to the same place.

Mr. Fix It Smith ... LOL ... I am moving it now to ex_sd.

It is there!

I AM going to do this later this afteroon, mainly for the reason that I should learn how to do this and stop being scared! If I am going to hang with all you smartypants, I need to get some guts and courage!! Then when Jelly Bean rolls around, I will feel confident that I can do this again!!

However, when I get ready to HBOOT, most likely around 2:30-3 p.m Arizona time (5:30-6 p.m. EST), I am going to post and see who is around to help if I need help.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok ... it is downloaded. How to I move it through my wireless network?

Sorry I'm a bit too late to help today with this reply, but for future reference, when in ES FileExplorer, you should see a dropdown in the top left with :local: selected - just select the dropdown, then select "FTP" - provided your phone and PC are on the same network - you should be able to slelct your PC, and navigate to any directory

Note: I had to put a password on the account on my PC, then log in from my Rezound via ES FileExplorer using those credentials

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I'm a bit too late to help today with this reply, but for future reference, when in ES FileExplorer, you should see a dropdown in the top left with :local: selected - just select the dropdown, then select "FTP" - provided your phone and PC are on the same network - you should be able to slelct your PC, and navigate to any directory

Note: I had to put a password on the account on my PC, then log in from my Rezound via ES FileExplorer using those credentials

one additional step - after selecting "FTP" you will need to hit "NEW" and then "SCAN" to find the other resources on your network...

I just discovered this whole method yesterday; It makes moving files from my Xoom to Rezound and vice-versa a breeze