Angry Rezound users are banning together!

masseurca

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It was said originally that it would be out early 2012. However, that is obviously not a promise. Anyone in this day and age, if they know anything about computers, know software releases will be done when they are tested thoroughy and ready to roll out. The fact we get no communications about delays sucks, but that is about all that is worth complaining about and going to be listened to. No one is going to bother listening to "perceived" promises, it's not worth giving legitimacy to them.

I do hate the fact Verizon keeps quiet through it all. But that is all that has happened of any consequence. And all anyone in any power will consider listening to, the rest will be politely ignored.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
It was said originally that it would be out early 2012. However, that is obviously not a promise. Anyone in this day and age, if they know anything about computers, know software releases will be done when they are tested thoroughy and ready to roll out. The fact we get no communications about delays sucks, but that is about all that is worth complaining about and going to be listened to. No one is going to bother listening to "perceived" promises, it's not worth giving legitimacy to them.

I do hate the fact Verizon keeps quiet through it all. But that is all that has happened of any consequence. And all anyone in any power will consider listening to, the rest will be politely ignored.

I agree with you for the most part but when it is used as a selling point that is another matter. I have no horse in this race, just pointing something out

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus device :)

Anyway, the "promise" is still in effect just the date has shifted. Anyone with "reasonable" expectations on updates would understand that the OTA will get here eventually. Anyone with realistic expectations already flashed the RUU or is trying (Hi Janet)

Hi Mr. Smith!!

Can't wait till I have time to work on my phone again. I almost feel like a veteran at this point! LOL!

JudasMaxx

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not false advertising, it's puffery and it's perfectly legal.

Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps it's not a huge conspiracy against the Rezound. Maybe, just maybe, there have been issues in testing and bugs that Verizon found unacceptable to release to their customers. You always see one of two threads on here. A. Those bastards released a buggy software update and f'd up my phone. B. Those bastards are taking too long to release a software update. Perhaps they just want to get it right both to satisfy their customers and to limit their exposure to customer service complaints/ tech support hours required.

It has been my experience that Verizon is very dedicated to customer service. I really really don't buy all of these threads that Verizon employees sit in dark rooms thinking of ways to screw their customers.

And finally, you do realize that the BBB and FCC take the time to follow up on their complaints. These commissions are funded by tax money (at least the FCC, not sure about the BBB, it may be a private non profit). Anyhow, complaining about a software updated is a waste of resources that could be better used elsewhere. Please stop taking your silly complaints out on the rest of us taxpayers.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps it's not a huge conspiracy against the Rezound. Maybe, just maybe, there have been issues in testing and bugs that Verizon found unacceptable to release to their customers. You always see one of two threads on here. A. Those bastards released a buggy software update and f'd up my phone. B. Those bastards are taking too long to release a software update. Perhaps they just want to get it right both to satisfy their customers and to limit their exposure to customer service complaints/ tech support hours required.

It has been my experience that Verizon is very dedicated to customer service. I really really don't buy all of these threads that Verizon employees sit in dark rooms thinking of ways to screw their customers.

And finally, you do realize that the BBB and FCC take the time to follow up on their complaints. These commissions are funded by tax money (at least the FCC, not sure about the BBB, it may be a private non profit). Anyhow, complaining about a software updated is a waste of resources that could be better used elsewhere. Please stop taking your silly complaints out on the rest of us taxpayers.

When Verizon creates a product page listing features on a phone that is for sale, it is advertising. When Verizon says it is going to provide a new feature at a certain time and does not, it becomes false.

And if your theory is correct that the software is still buggy, which I highly doubt since a number of users here have installed ICS and there are nearly no problems to speak of, then both Verizon and HTC should be telling customers that they are inept and can't put together an update and stop leaving everyone in the dark.

Oh ... and one last thing, if I want to use YOUR tax dollars to complain, guess what? I WILL!!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Here is a valid complaint for the FCC, Verizon is in violation of their block C purchase agreement.

Besides that, the BBB is EXACTLY there for the reasons stated by skatergirl and the OP. That is their job. The FCC not so much

Last edited:

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

The latest leak is practically flawless...I am convinced this is on Verizon's end. Maybe they can't get their bloat situated in ics. Maybe they are scared because the moto update is screwed up. I do know my leak is running exceptionally well. And agree with others it is false advertising. If you aren't sure about future updates and such, don't use it as an advertising point...that simple.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The leaks are not perfect. There are plenty of complaints about some leaks overheating phones, others have terrible battery life compared to others. You can't really say what the problems are, because most people on leaked software are rooted as well, and just flash the things that worked and don't care to much.

My gatorade analogy still holds up. My company likes me, and likes the customer, it just takes forever to get the suits to make a decision. Verizon likes you. My wife, who I would say is a normal smartphone user, was pissed after the razr update. She didn't like the changes to the lock screen, and her battery life has been worse. She still has no idea what version of android she has. She probably barely knows it's called android, not DROID.

I think they put the leaks out to keep the wolves at bay, but some of you won't bite. And this is why i think all of this is silly. It's out there to be had, it's easy to do, and there is this forum somewhere that does not care how silly your questions might be, it answers without ridicule.

Reactions: Bond32

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think they put the leaks out to keep the wolves at bay, but some of you won't bite. And this is why i think all of this is silly. It's out there to be had, it's easy to do, and there is this forum somewhere that does not care how silly your questions might be, it answers without ridicule.

This and I believe Mr. Smith said "they are soak tests" or something like that

Reactions: twolastnames

HomePC

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I haven't looked into the other provider's coverage for my area lately, but I've heard that all the national Cellular networks are upgrading and that some may give Verizon some competition. When my contract ends, I will definitely look into the coverage competition and may be take the leap. I started with Alltel way back when, because they had CDMA technology and I knew then that would win out over the others. Verizon bought Alltel.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
its my belief that what is overheating phones is the use of both processors due to ics combined with 4g. I downloaded the leak about 2 months before we got 4g here and my phone never came close to getting warm. It will now that I'm running ics and on 4g.

JudasMaxx

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

When Verizon creates a product page listing features on a phone that is for sale, it is advertising. When Verizon says it is going to provide a new feature at a certain time and does not, it becomes false.

And if your theory is correct that the software is still buggy, which I highly doubt since a number of users here have installed ICS and there are nearly no problems to speak of, then both Verizon and HTC should be telling customers that they are inept and can't put together an update and stop leaving everyone in the dark.

Oh ... and one last thing, if I want to use YOUR tax dollars to complain, guess what? I WILL!!

Please go see a lawyer and bring suit for false advertising. I will love to hear how fast you get laughed right out of court.

JobiWan144

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't even know anyone with a Rezound. With that disclaimer out of the way, here's my take on the issue.

I suggest taking 3 steps:

1) Go ahead, complain about poor service and false advertising to VZW and the BBB or whomever you supposed to complain.

2) Take a long, hard look at flashing an ICS leak. If you guys are this serious about getting ICS on your phones, you should be willing to take a couple hours (if you've never flashed before; less if you have) to tinker your way to ICS goodness. I haven't looked, but I'll bet there's at least one forum on here talking about the best ICS ROM's/RUU's for the Rezound.

3) If you're this dissatisfied with Verizon, make like a tree and leave. Whether you do it now, at the end of your 2-year contract, or sometime in between is up to you, but someone earlier (forgive me for not remembering who) said that hitting Verizon's wallet was the best idea was spot on.

On a final note, this whole thing is most likely not HTC's fault. They're usually great with their updates, which is one reason I bought this baby. For example, the HTC Vivid was the first Gingerbread, non-Nexus phone to receive ICS (as I recall), and the HTC Amaze 4G got it pretty quickly, too. HTC also is the only OEM I know of that has said anything definite about Jelly Bean updates (the One X and One S will be updated, and other devices, like mine, are under review).

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
This thread was about banning together not being seperated.

Damnit DG, you had one job!

The term is "banding" together, like a band, or Robin Hood's band of merry men. [joke]"Banning together" is what the film review board does.[/joke]

And yes, we should not let our evil corporate overlords divide us!