ice cream update

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this was my first post but after calling twice I got excited and thought I'd share...

Welcome to the forums...We weren't trying to debunk or call BS on your OP, we're just cynical old [insert expletive]'s around here and need "rumors" to be verified or busted.. Think of us as phone mythbusters :)

Bababenny

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I've spoken with Verizon twice. The first time the lady tried to get me to take a Razr as an exchange. I said make it the Razr Maxx and she's got a deal. She didn't bite. I then talked to a dude that was pretty candid with me---and advised me to go to androidcentral.com and take matters into my own hands as he had no idea when this thing was coming out.

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
the-more-I-know-the-less-I-care.jpg

:p

and I seriously lol'd at the stolen presents/burned tree...

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth at 3pm Central Time, I called VZW Tech Support.

The guy told me that ICS has been released.
He was reading from a memo.

We'll see, but I thought I'd pass on what I heard.

I'm sure they'll let us down....again...
but, at least it sounds like there's hope...

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
About once a week I harass VZWSupport on Twitter. Today I asked:

"Why did VZW use the early 2012 ICS upgrade to Rezound selling point when it was just a lie? Today is Aug 1 and still no update"

Here was the answer:

"I know you're excited about ICS! I'm sure the amazing processor, screen, camera and Beats audio were also a factor! ^JHK "

Really ... nice way to not answer the question at hand.

I then replied:

"Are those other reasons supposed to negate the false advertising?"

I know they won't answer back.

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
About once a week I harass VZWSupport on Twitter. Today I asked:

"Why did VZW use the early 2012 ICS upgrade to Rezound selling point when it was just a lie? Today is Aug 1 and still no update"

Here was the answer:

"I know you're excited about ICS! I'm sure the amazing processor, screen, camera and Beats audio were also a factor! ^JHK "

Really ... nice way to not answer the question at hand.

I then replied:

"Are those other reasons supposed to negate the false advertising?"

I know they won't answer back.

Bahahaha

SurfingJerry

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the processor, which isn't fully utilized in GB, which is one reason I bought on with the promise of ICS which will actually make use of the dual core.

Don't forget the amazing battery life!!! Also, seems that it will be much improved with ICS.

As it's been said a million times before... Lesson learned. Don't buy on an upgrade promise. Coming from webOS I should have known a little better, but I was desperate to get off that platform (I liked it, but obviously they let it die). Other than that the Rezound (or Vigor) fit the bill for requirements, especially with the promise of ICS.

Remember, this is the SECOND time Rezound owners have been burned... the first being the lack of FM Radio. Every product review prior to release listed the FM Radio. After release, htc and verizon changed their pages and then claimed it was never there.

LIARS!

caleb02

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I called also and told no update will be released as they have no info and call HTC....

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tmaybin

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I harass them on Facebook - I comment every post with "when will Rezound get ICS?". I don't expect a reply, sometimes it just makes me feel better.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Reactions: DestinedtoGame

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've spoken with Verizon twice. The first time the lady tried to get me to take a Razr as an exchange. I said make it the Razr Maxx and she's got a deal. She didn't bite. I then talked to a dude that was pretty candid with me---and advised me to go to androidcentral.com and take matters into my own hands as he had no idea when this thing was coming out.

I was offerd the same thing Thats funny I said i would do it for SGIII and they said NO. :-( but they diid offer some credits to my bill to make up for the delay but no word on when ICS is comming (they had no idea ) but I have the choice to change the phone still, sorry and that is of 9am today pacific time. only time will tell !

hesgotagun

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just checked for the update. It started downloading a 7 mb file it said was necessary to upgrade the OS to 4.0. After that was downloaded and installed, it immediately began downloading the 300 mb ICS update. Should have it up and running in an hour or so.

HomePC

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Dang. I bricked my Rezound just a week ago, and decided to go with the S3 as a replacement. I was tempted to get a Rezound again even with its inferior hardware vs the S3, but the whole OTA thing has me bugged (even though I unlocked/rooted/and flashed ICS ROM). When my 2year contract expired in about 1 more year, the other Cell providers may have their networks squared a way and giving Verizon coverage competition. If so, their customer service has got to be better.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I called again, just for kicks!

This agent also told me that it has been released!

He said they're going to roll it out to more populated areas first, but that it's out and officially released.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63