Upgrades for Dummies 101

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Would those of you who are experienced with upgrades such as ICS please explain to those of us who have never done it how the upgrade process works?

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
are you talking about the over the air official update fro Verizon? All you have to do is go to settings, software update, check for new, and it will see if verizon has deeed you fit to have it. If so it will ask you to download it and install. Really easy process

Reactions: skatergirl

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of what I thought. I think I went through this once with my thunderbolt but so long ago I couldn't remember. I just thought it would be good to have a brief description of it for people who have never been there and done that. Thank you pizza dude.

As of now Verizon has not deemed to me fit to receive the upgrade. Looks like Sprint users are having a hey day with it though.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That's kind of what I thought. I think I went through this once with my thunderbolt but so long ago I couldn't remember. I just thought it would be good to have a brief description of it for people who have never been there and done that. Thank you pizza dude.

As of now Verizon has not deemed to me fit to receive the upgrade. Looks like Sprint users are having a hey day with it though.

Love your signature. We have rescued 2 so far but transported 100's from kill shelters to no kill shelters

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

According to Verizon nobody fit to recieve the upgrade. they want to keep it to themselves! They weren't told to share when younger

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
We have always had Shar-pei's and I saw one in Georgia that was going to be put down. Drove all the way from PA to right outside atlanta to get him. Brought him home and he was mean as hell. Bit the babysitter, chewed up the walls, had to use rabies sticks to get him to the vet.

Then I learned to be "alpha dog" and he turned out like this:

26720_107321535971781_133617_n.jpg

The second is a pitbull....she was too sweet to leave in the kenel...

we usually run a leg from hagerstown, md to allentown, pa when transporting...

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
So what if you don't ever check for software updates -- do you get any sort of notification?

It seems to me, that the last OTA of a few months ago just arrived without me doing any checking. Sadly, my memory prevents me from recalling exactly how that went down.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So what if you don't ever check for software updates -- do you get any sort of notification?

It seems to me, that the last OTA of a few months ago just arrived without me doing any checking. Sadly, my memory prevents me from recalling exactly how that went down.

Yes, Verizon will push the update to you in due time. You do not have to do anything right now if you do not want to.