Poor Browser Performance After ICS Install

OME6A

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing problems with their web browser since updating?

I have very slow page loads, pages only half render, super choppy scrolling, just all around poor performance. Like tremendously worse than before today's update.

I've tried the stock browser, Dolphin HD, Chrome and xScope Pro, with reboots after each install for good measure, and have the same issues with all of them.

Help. :(

jmez900

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
noticed it too. the new page you go to sometimes has half of the last page you were on and a refresh didnt help it. or it was just blank..

OME6A

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank god someone else is experiencing this. It is horrendous. It's like in the old days when Google Maps would load in the browser in blocks at a time on your desktop, until filling in the whole map. That's what I'm experiencing, but in the browser. Every browser.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I think you will find better results using Chrome.

I prefer this over the stock ICS browser... It's quick and syncs with my laptop bookmarks.

Lego

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Let us know if the factory reset works. I've had the same issues with the stock browser - haven't tried any of the others yet. Other thing I noticed was that stock browser won't ever automatically revert to the home page. Even setting it to home, then closing still keeps some original page I viewed at the very end of a series of back button presses. A real PIA.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had an issue with browser performance in ICS as well. I use Dolphin. The only real is I've had, however, is that even though the entire page loads at normal speed, the text and images take a few seconds to render. They come up blurry and eventually eventually become clearer. Scrolling further down the page gives me the same issue as text and images scroll into view.

Per the advice given here, I first switched over to stock ics browser. No blurry text AND it was significantly faster than Dolphin. Enough so that I'll either ditch Dolphin or find another bugless alternative. To be fair, I did then go and enable Flash to always, as suggested, and the blurriness issue was solved in Dolphin, but the speed still doesn't compare to stock.

renegadeneo

May 18, 2010
Visit site
. Other thing I noticed was that stock browser won't ever automatically revert to the home page. Even setting it to home, then closing still keeps some original page I viewed at the very end of a series of back button presses. A real PIA.

I also have had this problem, I had it before the update though, sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't I gave up and and type goo into bar and click on google.com its very annoying, but I guess I got used to it

bballr4567

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Im having the exact same issue. It doesnt matter what I have done to speed up the browser. Updated flash, etc and nothing helps. I managed to grab a screen shot.

2012-08-04_12-06-51.png

Not the best but you can see the issue. Half the time itll load the page and then at 95% loaded a blank white screen shows up and I have to reload the page.

Does it on both stock browser and Dolphin HD.

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I feel bad for anyone having issues all actually noticing huge performance gains. Nfl.com used to be a real pain in the ass to view now that ice cream sandwiches installed it runs absolutely flawlessly.

MRDK

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have two Rezounds that have performed flawlessly. BUT, since the ICS update, battery life shortened by 30% and I too am having scrolling issues in the browsers and apps that have scrolling. This is happening on both phones. I did a factory reset on one of them to see if it would fix the problem, but it did not. Both the wife and I are not happy and I would gladly go back to GB. I need someone to please solve this problem as it almost makes the phone unusable as a media (smart) phone.

jwwp

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
After updating to ICS, I noticed some sluggishness in the stock browser that seems to have resolved after clearing the cache in settings>applications. Can't speak to third party browsers. Hope this helps.