Problem with ICS Update?

shadow2201

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded the first small update, 7.1 mb or something like that, and it went directly into CWM recovery and said update failed! Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it so I can update? Anyone give me instructions or guide me in the right direction?

shadow2201

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If anyone cares, I flashed a stock rom and it's now updating! Maybe I could have done something different but this is how I achieved it so if anyone is out of options do this, it does work!

jwp1223

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Were you still using a custom Recovery? I am told that it must be completely stock and locked to take an OTA to work...

shadow2201

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Were you still using a custom Recovery? I am told that it must be completely stock and locked to take an OTA to work...

Yeah I was unlocked, rooted, using Clockwork Mod Recovery, and when I downloaded it would restart my phone and go directly to CWM recovery and say "installation aborted"! I then flashed a stock rom and it is downloading as I type this! I've read somewhere that people are still able to update with it rooted and unlocked but idk if it's true or them just blowing smoke out of their you know what! It is working now though, happy me :)

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You have to be locked. To get the OTA, your probably going to have to lock, flash the stock ruu and then wait for the OTA. Or, if someone has the ruu, download that, rename, and then flash it via hboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084