Facebook Contacts not syncing after ICS update

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey, my girlfriends Rezound got the ICS update and after it all her Facebook contacts that she had synced and linked to actual contacts are all gone. Tried to resync them in the settings under Accounts & Sync and click on Facebook but when i clicked on it it just stays on the blue facebook screen and never moves forward. I know on my Galaxy Nexus i have to use Hax Sync to sync my facebook but i though it was only a Nexus thing. Is this how it is going to be on ICS no matter which phone its is or has anyone else been able to successfully sync the contacts.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
She doesn't use Google for her contacts she uses Backup Assistant so that's were they are backed up at.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Her contacts are still on the phone that's not the problem. Facebook is no longer syncing after the update is the problem. Neither Google or backup assistant backs up the Facebook info that is/was synced

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tigermom79

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with my new Samsung S2. Everything is okay in the contact section that came on the phone, but when I use GO SMS PRO, it won't bring over the fb contacts even though it is marked to do so.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I heard there were issues with FB contact Sync and ICS. After updating my SR to ICS I had issues where FB would stop synching contact photos. It has actually stopped bugging out lately, but whenever it does it I have to clear cache/data on the Facebook for Android app and reset it up.

They made it so that Social Hub doesn't sync the redundant data in the ICS update, which is both a good and a bad thing, I guess :-(

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Dude my FB contacts weren't syncing right BEFORE the ICS update. The problem isn't ICS, it's FACEBOOK. They just suck, point blank.