Wow. Alot of issues with ICS update

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
What issues are you referring to?

I have been on the .10 leak for weeks and it has been very stable... Stable enough that I haven't installed the .12 official.

jwalker007

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm also running .10 release as well as the ones before and not had any issues. Very stable. I wonder in everyone would be better off just downloading the whole file and flash it twice. Seems to work the best.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. I updated my wife's phone while sitting in Dorney Park. It was a simple 2 part process. First was a firmware update, followed by ICS. 30 minutes max & I had ICS up & running.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It only seems like a lot, because it looks like most people posted here, instead of other sites. Most things were fixed pretty easily and by one guy, pizzadude.

Kerafyrm

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if everyone would be better off just downloading the whole file and flash it twice. Seems to work the best.
This is exactly it. Flash the .12 version twice, then factory reset.

I did the same with the .5 ICS leak and had zero problems on either version.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Problem is the ota doesn't wipe the phone. If they just sent the full ruu and wiped the phone, updates would be faster and with less problems, but people would flip.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have any issues either, but I had just done a factory reset last week and cleaned it up. When I had my dreaded Droid X and it upgraded from Froyo to GB, it was a wreck. I had not done a factory reset prior to the upgrade and after the upgrade, one was needed.

As annoying as it is, sometimes a factory reset is what it takes to fix a phone.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I had no issues as well, had the white HTC screen then just restarted the phone and it was done. It went rather well for a major change I think. No reset needed, I was stock as well, so that makes a big difference.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I had no issues as well, had the white HTC screen then just restarted the phone and it was done. It went rather well for a major change I think. No reset needed, I was stock as well, so that makes a big difference.

Okay so talk me into doing it. Just worried as everything is working great now.

tarnak

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I think for the most part, you should not have any issues, just make sure your battery is charged in case you have to restart if the download stalls, had that with GB, only had to restart when the install froze on the white HTC screen for ICS, restarted then it automatically reinstalled the download, no issues after that.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Should I do that before or after the update?

Unless your phone is a mess before the update, I would not do a factory reset unless you need to after the update. If your phone is running great after the update, you are good to go. If it is a mess and simple fixes can't straighten it out, then a factory reset is a good idea.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Guy's Factory Reset is not a must. The thing to remember is that a factory reset can do LOTS of things for you. If your phone was overheating, consuming battery fast, sluggish, Losing wireless or data connections. These are things to do a factory reset on to obtain if the system is a software issue. So people swear at a factory reset some swear by the factory reset. If you feel that you phone is running fine before the update then you should be fine. Do the update the worst you'll have to do is have to factory reset it afterwards.

Reactions: jroc

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the update also and no isues
the only thing that it changed on my phone was all the custom ringtones to default rington thats it. no big deal. sofar great and no FR. for me.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
HTC's ICS updates have a bunch of bugs. Part of the reason why I traded my Vivid for an Ion (big mistake) and later a SR is because of the buggy Sense 3.6/ICS.

Does you guys' mail app work properly when you hook up an ActiveSync account (like Windows Live) or does it randomly reset or change your default applications like it did on the Vivid?