Update Did Not "Take," What To Do?

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the update yesterday afternoon, but set it to install late in the evening. It did not install, even after a couple of re-boots. When I check for updates nothing occurs, and when I check status it indicates that the update was successful.

Any ideas what to try? I have not tried a battery pull/re-start yet, but will try that this afternoon.

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, stock. Sorry for not mentioning that.

Addendum: The battery pull did not succeed.

Last edited:

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I do not think I was unlocked. A while back I was in the process of rooting, but I never really got started. It is possible that I unknowingly got it unlocked. Is there a way to tell?

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
On further thought, I could not have unlocked, as I never had to reload anything.

So, stock, locked. Any thoughts?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Unlocking doesn't require you to reload anything.. the easiest way to check if you were unlocked is to

1) pull the battery
2) Wait 10 sec insert battery
3) Hold volume down button down
4) press power for about 10 sec
5) look on Hboot at top with say locked, unlocked, tampered

Reactions: sweaner

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
User Buickman posted a method on my thread about this same issue that worked.

I can't remember off hand what the steps were, but it worked for both he and I to complete the update.

ETA:
Turn wifi off to be on VZW data network.
Go to apps, then all, then updater. Force stop, clear cache, and clear data.
Battery pull.
After it completes reboot, go into your check for updates.
Select check new. Wait a minute or so and it should come up.

Hope it works!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Unlocking doesn't require you to reload anything.. the easiest way to check if you were unlocked is to

1) pull the battery
2) Wait 10 sec insert battery
3) Hold volume down button down
4) press power for about 10 sec
5) look on Hboot at top with say locked, unlocked, tampered

Unlocking via HTCDev hard resets the phone, I think that's what he was referring to as "reload"

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
User Buickman posted a method on my thread about this same issue that worked.

I can't remember off hand what the steps were, but it worked for both he and I to complete the update.

ETA:
Turn wifi off to be on VZW data network.
Go to apps, then all, then updater. Force stop, clear cache, and clear data.
Battery pull.
After it completes reboot, go into your check for updates.
Select check new. Wait a minute or so and it should come up.

Hope it works!

Yes! This seems to have worked. I followed those instructions, and it is now installing the update. Thanks!

zero4x4

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine downloaded the 7mb and the 299mb files and then never applied or installed them.

Do you have any experiance with that problem or have you heard any solutions to applying the update after the dl?

I have never attempted to root/unlock my Rezound and that should have no bearing.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend the same steps that were outlined previously... That's pretty much what happened with mine and that set of steps worked. Hope you get it rockin'!

zero4x4

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Sweaner, I don't fully understand the instructions I guess. When I go to apps>all> and the nlook for a way to force stop, clear cache and clear data there is nothing evident that fits that description, I I also don't know what you mean by updater unless you're referring to the updates in Play.

TheAutoMomma

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Zero, let me see if I can help. When you go into settings, you then select apps, or applications. I can't remember which it's called in Gingerbread, but anyway. Then you hit the option for all in the tabs at the top, which brings you a view of all that your phone runs. In the screen shot to follow you can see where updater appears.
View attachment 34168
Scroll all the way down to where you see updater. In the screen shot to follow you can see the view of updater when it's clicked upon:
View attachment 34169
Granted these are both ics screen shots bit you get the idea, as they appear almost identical to GB except the part where it gives the disable option. Force stop, clear data, and clear cache were all available in GB as well. You can see force stop, clear data, and clear cache; any of them you can select, select them.

I hope this helps. And I hope you don't find it too pedantic, that's not my intent, but trying to make it as clear as possible in hope of helping!

ETA: if anyone else is having trouble with the process on this I can do a separate post of the steps including screen shots, if there's interest. Seems to work for hung updates as far as most have tried.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia