anyone w/ICS update get FoxFi to work via WiFi?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I could be misunderstanding but I thought after we got ICS that FoxFi was supposed to work on the Rezound for WiFi? I get to "Obtaining IP address" and it just hangs.

I've tried this in two different locations away from my home network and it's the same thing in each case. I have FoxFi on both my Rezound and my Nexus 7. I have followed the directions in the FoxFi app in the Google Play to reboot, rename the hotspot and try again. Still no luck.

Has anyone w/a Rezound and a Nexus 7 been able to get this to work for WiFi? I'm on Verizon and their unlimited plan. I do not have the VZW hotspot feature.

ShadowCatcher

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
HTC has some built in issue on their phones (at least some of them) that they won't do WiFi without rooting. I'm not sure this will change even with JB. Bluetooth will work, but not as well. I too was hoping ICS might fix the problem - and FoxFi doesn't give the 'this phone isn't compatible' error message anymore, but it still won't connect with WiFi. We're still stuck with a cable unless rooted...

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey piizadude! Thought you were a convert to the S3 ;) So, here's a chance to answer an S3 question ... will WiFi tether work on the S3? It's either that or I move to Share Everything.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

531kjm

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
From what I am understanding this is still strictly an HTC thing and can only be opened through your wireless provider. Is there a safe one-click method for rooting the htc one v? I am pretty much a novice at rooting and just got the phone. I definitely don't want a brick my device thanks for any suggestions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay