04-02-2015 02:34 PM
37 12
tools
    I'll certainly try out that contact sync app, but yes I have the same problem with handcent and with circlelauncher using the contact widget, glad to know it's not just me
    08-09-2012 08:11 AM
    I did and it didnt.
    I think you need to change the option where it says "Sync all contacts" instead of "existing only"
    08-09-2012 10:17 AM
    I did and am only getting a 50% success rate.
    08-09-2012 10:44 AM
    Well I tried Facebook Contact Sync and it seems that the only way for it to work is to individually link each google contact to it. I really only want my existing contacts linked to their profile pictures from Facebook but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that yet. Anyone know if you can linking existing google contacts to their Facebook profiles via web?
    08-09-2012 11:21 AM
    I'm having a new problem now. Friend Caster works fine. Now I'm not getting delivery reports. I was last night, but not now. Everything is checked properly, and it's set toy default for sending / receiving. All of a sudden I'm not getting reports.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 11:21 AM
    And now all of the synced contact photos have disappeared. Interesting thing is that even though I had fb set up to not sync it decided to anyway.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 11:57 AM
    And now all of the synced contact photos have disappeared. Interesting thing is that even though I had fb set up to not sync it decided to anyway.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

I had the exact same problem...I posted this earlier, maybe you didn't see it..

Phuckwithfire is correct, here's the steps that worked for me.

1. Delete Facebook from Accounts and Sync
    2. Install Facebook Contact Sync
    3. Sync Facebook Contact Sync
    4. Wait until it completes (can take a long time)
    5. Open Facebook, it will prompt you for what you want to sync. Select don't sync.
    6. Win!
    Jazzy79 likes this.
    08-09-2012 01:37 PM
    A HA! This worked. Thank you so much!
    08-09-2012 04:12 PM
    I did follow that. The problem I am running into is when I go to use the FB app again. I log in,, chose to cancel when prompted for background sync and told it not to sync. Yet it still its. Pretty danged vexing.
    08-11-2012 03:37 PM
    Well I uninstalled Haxsync and lets see how this goes with Facebook Contacts. Interesting thing is that I removed FB from sync and accounts, installed, and started FB Contacts. I logged in and started to sign in. FB came right up and started to sync on its own (WTH). So I stopped it and turned off syncing and and now running the FB Contacts Sync app. Let's see is that works.
    08-13-2012 05:00 PM
    I also had this problem but I already found out how to see the contact images in your message box using go sms pro.
    Here's how:
    1. go to your contacts
    2. look for "Display Options"
    3. Find "Select contacts to display"
    4. touch the dropdown button of "SIM" then check the "All contacs" box

go back to contacts again and see all of your contacts does have images on if have copies on your sim ( contacts with green sim icon)
    now it's your choice if you want to see your contacts images on, on your Go Sms Pro
    because you'll be needing to delete the copies of your contacts on your sim cards for you to see their images..
    Well for me it's easy to copy all your contacts from your SIM card to your phone and viceversa if you'll be needing to insert it to another cellphone, right?

Things To Remember:

There shouldn't have any copies of your contacts phone no. on your SIM it must be only saved to your phone memory.. Anyways you will not be able to save images on your contacts phone number/s if it's only save on your sim.. I hope anyone here with the same issues find this article helpful..
    09-19-2012 05:00 AM
    Can I ask what email address you used. I've been trying to contact them for a week, and have had no luck. Please let me know

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2015 02:34 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD