Go SMS pro no contact photos after ICS

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, after the update there are no fb contact photos in go SMS pro. I emailed them and they said to load the premium package ($4.99) and load their attached apk. I did that and the fb sync worked, but still no pics.

This was happening in handcent too, so maybe it is an ics / fb issue.

Anyone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Mine came back after I had to pull the battery for a fresh one. I wonder if a full reboot did it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar problem using Android Pro Widgets (APW) no longer showing my contact pictures in my SMS widget after upgrading to ICS. I emailed the developer and they said its some issue with how HTC implemented their contacts api in ICS. It will be fixed in the next APW release. I would imagine Go SMS will also need to update their code to fix contact pictures.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Google or Facebook have restricted 3rd party app's from accessing the FB photo's assigned to contacts...

This has been an issue for all ICS software for months on the Rezound...

I have heard that this is also been happening on other phones running ICS.

Lego...

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh joy. Well at least I now know that it's not just me. to say this is frustrating would be an understatement.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have always had a problem syncing FB contacts with the Rezound since shortly after I got it. Had to use Friendcaster to get the FB contact photos to syn..

mikeytg1024

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It is not just facebook, I have the same problem and my contacts are all in google. The pictures are still there in the contacts list.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. It is good to know it is not just me. I guess I'll wait for the update...again. :eek:

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I second the above post. Download Friendcaster,.sync your contacts, turn the notifications off, presto!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

hmishima

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
No love here. It worked for some of my contacts as soon as Friendcaster Synced, but now its only showing photos for part of my contacts...some that were even initially showing a photo are blank again.

phuckwithfire

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Play Store and search "Facebook Contact Sync". It fixes the issue much more elegantly than FriendCaster, with higher resolution contact pics.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Im about to start throwing stuff. I rebooted my phone and got prompted to sign back into face book. So I did. Then it told me it needed to sync. So I did. While I was doing that I checked and the pictures were showing up in Handcent. Then apparently after the FB sync completed all of the pics were deleted. Arrgghhhh

hmishima

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Im about to start throwing stuff. I rebooted my phone and got prompted to sign back into face book. So I did. Then it told me it needed to sync. So I did. While I was doing that I checked and the pictures were showing up in Handcent. Then apparently after the FB sync completed all of the pics were deleted. Arrgghhhh

I can't get it to work either. Nothing mentioned here has worked for me. I had some show up at some point and I though I was making progress, but when it was done syncing, they all just disappeared. I just finally gave up and uninstalled the GO Apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol