The official I'm tired of Sense 3.6 and I want 4.0

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading an article on how many cool things Ice Cream Sandwich could do:

10 sweetest features of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Technolog on NBCNews.com

Here's what we're missing with our antiquated Sense 3.whatever:

5. Killer camera app
6. (Under notifications) Screenshot notification
7. People app (Sense looks like 2005 design)
8. Respond to calls with text
10. 16 BROWSER TABS AT ONCE?! Was there supposed to be a 1 in front of the 6?

So...is Sense 4.0 coming?

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
From HTC? No. For those willing to unlock and rom, you can get it right now. I am on it as we speak with viper rom.

The camera app is nice, but many of those features are because of the dedicated camera chip in phones that come stock with sense 4 and not entirely software. Htc said that no phone that did not come with sense 4 would get it officially.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
According to XDA Sense 4.1 is now available, hopefully will be ported soon like 4.0 was. Particularly curious about the performance/battery life improvements it's supposed to bring.

But yeah..if you want Sense 4 now..unlock, root and flash one of the nifty roms that have it :D

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading an article on how many cool things Ice Cream Sandwich could do:

10 sweetest features of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Technolog on NBCNews.com

Here's what we're missing with our antiquated Sense 3.whatever:

5. Killer camera app
6. (Under notifications) Screenshot notification
7. People app (Sense looks like 2005 design)
8. Respond to calls with text
10. 16 BROWSER TABS AT ONCE?! Was there supposed to be a 1 in front of the 6?

So...is Sense 4.0 coming?

The camera app for stock ICS is basically the sense 3+ app, but phones like the OneX have a way better camera. I'm not so sure the camera sensor has anything to do with Sense4 being officially brought over. The OneS does not have the fancy sensor does it? Or for that matter the new Incredible.

You want Sense4 because it is generally a huge improvement over stock. The only think I don't like is the way they set up the multi-tasking window. But the the mail app is better, the dialer is leaps and bounds better, and the way you add widgets.... amazing.

There is a new lock screen that puts call, texts, calendar events and..... something else.. Oh, emails on the lock screen, and you can swipe to see older ones you have not checked.

If only they would allow for bigger than 4x4 icons, I would never use 3.6 again, but alas, the desensed 3.6 roms are a better fit for what I want to do with my phone at the moment.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
there is a separate camera chip in the one X. the biggest boost there is the ability to do video and take a picture at the same time. Other than that, pretty much nothing is changed on that front

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
there is a separate camera chip in the one X. the biggest boost there is the ability to do video and take a picture at the same time. Other than that, pretty much nothing is changed on that front

Which I can do on my Gnex(with the vastly inferior camera). So I have to think that it's mostly software

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I honestly thing that it's a software feature and they made a hard cut off at the Rezound. If you remember way back when, it was supposed to get Sense 4.0. Stock Android 4.1.1 has the ability to capture photos while recording video.

startrak140

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
is it hard to put sense 4.0 on the rezound. Ive never done anything with a phone in terms of flashing and what not. how is the step by step process?

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
is it hard to put sense 4.0 on the rezound. Ive never done anything with a phone in terms of flashing and what not. how is the step by step process?

I'm in the same boat. I think I'd love to have 4.0 on here but I am a NOOOOOOB (really nooby) and am paranoid about having a buggy build. Seems like I've read too many stories. Isn't there a way to root your phone while still being able to restore the stock ROM?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Check the rooting section. There's a guide there that some people have found helpful.

I'm in the same boat. I think I'd love to have 4.0 on here but I am a NOOOOOOB (really nooby) and am paranoid about having a buggy build. Seems like I've read too many stories. Isn't there a way to root your phone while still being able to restore the stock ROM?

Same suggestion as above. Since ICS is stock now, you have a lot less to worry about than before.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sense 4.0 rocks! - on Newts One XXX. I rooted and immediately went over to this Sense 4 ROM as I didn't think 3.6 did enough. Love having Beats on all music apps, plus all the added functionality.

Very stable ROM, and everything works bluetooth, etc. Only issue I've had is the camera closing, but unchecking 'face detection' fixes that (plus I know Newt is about to release an update for this ROM fixing that, plus some other new tweaks...)

Just read all the great how-to guides on this forum, and it's easy to root and grab some great Sense 4 ROM's...

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on the Venom ROM. Only thing not working for me is the kindle app so if it's a much for you then don't use it. try another rom

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty