cannot connect to mobile hotspot

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I am fit to be tied. I finally decided I was done messing with FoxFi on my Rezound and called VZW to go to a Share Everything plan so I would get Mobile Hotspot and not have to deal with spotty bluetooth connections. I *still* cannot connect my Nexus 7 to my VZW mobile hotspot. I get the Mobile Hotspot turned on just fine on my phone but when I add my Nexus 7 and try going to the Internet I keep getting the message that there's no Internet.

My N7 shows it's secured to VZW hotspot network with WPA2. I've tried inputting my phone cell phone # as the password and then it hangs on Obtaining IP address.

I've got it working at home finally but it's not working outside my home network area. I just drove down the street quite a ways to be sure I was out of home network range and it would not connect. Still getting the not internet thing.

Am I missing a step or what?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I am fit to be tied. I finally decided I was done messing with FoxFi on my Rezound and called VZW to go to a Share Everything plan so I would get Mobile Hotspot and not have to deal with spotty bluetooth connections. I *still* cannot connect my Nexus 7 to my VZW mobile hotspot. I get the Mobile Hotspot turned on just fine on my phone but when I add my Nexus 7 and try going to the Internet I keep getting the message that there's no Internet.

My N7 shows it's secured to VZW hotspot network with WPA2. I've tried inputting my phone cell phone # as the password and then it hangs on Obtaining IP address.

I've got it working at home finally but it's not working outside my home network area. I just drove down the street quite a ways to be sure I was out of home network range and it would not connect. Still getting the not internet thing.

Am I missing a step or what?

You didn't name the network the same as your home network did you? Also I know that MHS worked on GB and I know it worked on the ICS leak(up to 3.14.605.10) but I never did hear about it's status on OTA ICS(3.14.605.12). Take them both to Verizon and make them make it work, you are paying for it now.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No, it's got a different name. I've tried about 6 different names with various passwords so it's not the network name either. I've now done a factory reset on my Rezound to see if it will work w/o the ICS upgrade. I go into MHS and configure and all I get is a never-ending "Processing" icon circling until I'm about blue in the face and my MHS never even turns on.

It's got to be the Rezound is the only thing I can think of since it works on my TBolt so it's not the Nexus 7 either. Heck, I got all the way across town as a test and it was still working on my TBolt!

I think going to VZW is my only other option. In the meantime I guess I use my TBolt which isn't such a bad thing. At least it works for WiFi, LOL!

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
FoxFi does not work with an un-rooted Rezound on ICS...

I have never been able to get the hotspot to work.... I mean, it does activate.... but nothing connects to it... appears that it has IP issues...

The BT did work under GB.... But doesn't under ICS...

Now... there have been those out there that have claimed to have it working on an unrooted Rezound, but haven't share any setting adjustments for all of us to try...

So.... I assume that it still does not work with the Rezound, period.

Lego

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
.......Also I know that MHS worked on GB and I know it worked on the ICS leak(up to 3.14.605.10) but I never did hear about it's status on OTA ICS(3.14.605.12). ..............

I used paid tethering before and after the new OTA, I can confirm it works on ICS. It's even better now that data doesn't drop every 5 minutes like on 2.3. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech