Rezound cannot manually check for update

pdumigan

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
After seeing everyone getting their updates either by notification or through manually checking, I gotta say I'm a little jealous. I understand that it can take a while for these updates to roll out, but my phone currently hasn't seen either half of the update. I could deal with this except for the fact that when I go into settings and try to click "check new" under the software update, nothing happens. The screen doesn't change even. The only thing that happens is the "check new" area highlights in green and then goes back to standard background color.

I've rebooted, battery pulled, cleared the cache, force stopped the updater and even tried booting the phone without the sim, but it continues to do the same thing. I'm at a loss for ideas short of a factory reset, but that does not sound appealing at all. So, any ideas?

The only other symptom has been the 4g/wifi acting up and overlapping one another, but that could be related to juice defender.

Thanks for the help.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you stock? are you Rooted? Are you on a different Rom?? Are you needing some cheese with your wine?? J/K

The first 3 questions are valid..

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
you could attempt a few things. None of these are guarnteed to fix the issue except the last one

1) Factory reset device and check.. I doubt it'll work but it should.
2) Install .12 RUU and be done with checking for updates...

beyond these 2 steps it's a hurry up and wait it sounds like

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will have to factory reset and give it a shot

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

I would do a factory reset.

It's a pain in the rear, but your phone will run very smoothly after that and if the update still isn't ready, your phone will be nice and clean when it arrives. That being said, the Major knows a lot more about phones than me! :)

tswigs

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem as you (cant manually check for updates). Let me know if the factory reset does anything for you

rickramnot

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I am currently running the 2nd leak and want to update to the latest build via RUU. Is there any advantage to doing a factory reset prior to loading?

Coopers Dads

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Same problem - did all of those things as well. Not really wanting to do a factory reset. We have two phones in the house, purchased at the same time. One phone received the update on Saturday, mine still says Status: 0 everytime I check for the update.

tswigs

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I think i may have figured it out. go to the battery/app settings. find "htcdm" and force stop/clear data. Once i did this i checked for updates and am currently downloading the update as i type

Last edited:

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you at least tried to rebooted, battery pulled, cleared the cache, force stopped the updater like he had?

Major ... do you think Verizon's tech support would know if the update has been pushed out to these folks? If they knew for sure, then maybe a factory reset would solve the problem. What do you think?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it.... It more than likely goes out in bunches of esn numbers... Support can barely find their way home at night let alone pinpoint when a phone will update

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Ha ha ... yeah, that is true!

I just feel bad for those who were teased with the small download and left waiting for the prize! :'(

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Major ... do you think Verizon's tech support would know if the update has been pushed out to these folks? If they knew for sure, then maybe a factory reset would solve the problem. What do you think?

Just what Piizza said they couldn't find there way home if they were standing right beside it.

You might as well wait if you are not willing to install the RUU as they did say it can take up to a month... Once the monthish is up then i would contact Tech support but i know the 2nd thing they will try if you haven't gotten it by then with be a factory reset

Reactions: skatergirl

tswigs

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I think i may have figured it out. go to the battery/app settings. find "htcdm" and force stop/clear data. Once i did this i checked for updates and am currently downloading the update as i type

IT WORKS!!! I am running ICS now. For those with this problem, follow these steps