I will have a Rezound

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
WED I will be receiving a certified like new Resound as a replacement after having two replacement Thunderbolts. I loved my bolt and am disappointed . I hope the Resound will be a good replacement. I wanted to early upgrade but way too soon. Tech support made this offer to me but wouldn't do a new out of the box and I offered to partially pay for new. My bolt replacement isn't functioning well. Has been in 1X at home. Woke up and not fully charged. Was at 64% I have a new wall charger. It was completely plugged into t he phone. I have done 2 FACTORY RESETS. Removed the SIM and the battery. At work it stays at 3g. I have it set at CDMA to save battery life. Only yesterday did it act weird at work. I am not happy but am glad tech support offered me a comparable device. The Rep last night said I could have a new LG but would be 3g only. No way. Why downgrade me?
I prefer HTC. So am pleased with the troubleshooting. Just hope I have my internet without problems.
I sold wireless for a few years....I know how to troubleshoot.
Keeping my fingers crossed. Verizon said no known issues in Cave Creek. So.....

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
WED I will be receiving a certified like new Resound as a replacement after having two replacement Thunderbolts. I loved my bolt and am disappointed . I hope the Resound will be a good replacement. I wanted to early upgrade but way too soon. Tech support made this offer to me but wouldn't do a new out of the box and I offered to partially pay for new. My bolt replacement isn't functioning well. Has been in 1X at home. Woke up and not fully charged. Was at 64% I have a new wall charger. It was completely plugged into t he phone. I have done 2 FACTORY RESETS. Removed the SIM and the battery. At work it stays at 3g. I have it set at CDMA to save battery life. Only yesterday did it act weird at work. I am not happy but am glad tech support offered me a comparable device. The Rep last night said I could have a new LG but would be 3g only. No way. Why downgrade me?
I prefer HTC. So am pleased with the troubleshooting. Just hope I have my internet without problems.

Hopefully you will LOVE your phone ... especially now with ICS!

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Ah another Phoenician! The Rezound is not compareable it's actually a large upgrade to the thunderbolt. (imho) not sure about battery life though

Reactions: Jude526

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thx everyone. What I meant by comparable was another 4g and still HTC. Rep last night wanted to give me anLG 3g as a replacement. No!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely take some of that money u were going to partially pay out for a new phone,and get the extended battery.right now they r half priced on Verizon's website.

sent from my iced up&jellybeanless,HTC REZOUND

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Jude...I remember you from the TBolt forum. You will not be disappointed. Rezound is amazing. Have fun.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually have been using the stock Rezound battery in the bolt. I will see how the battery is. I don't want a lot of extra bulk. I do know the phone is larger than the bolt. I have played with it even before there issues.
I still can't get internet on my bolt. Very sporatic and just hangs. I hope there won't be a problem with the Rezound. They say there isn't any known issues in Cave Creek but if the Rezound doesn't work well then I hope they will get a tech in Cave Creek to find out what the problem is. I can't be having issues with my phone in my home area. This is really frustrating. Glad I have the jetpack and my tablet.....using that now.
I will let everyone know. I will have it on Wed.

thx

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Jude we finally got you to come to the light side lol. Have missed you in the forums since i upgraded to the Rez last year. You will love the Rezound.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon offered me a Rezound for 33 bucks to replace my Thunderbolt without a contract upgrade. Its a ,massive upgrade. The screen is amazing ton the touch. I suggest getting a extended battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Like I have said prior I hate bulk. Will see how it goes. I ha e wiring at work. Not on it a lot while working. Definitely need the case with kickstand......love the kickstands.
Receiving tomorrow......yay!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely take some of that money u were going to partially pay out for a new phone,and get the extended battery.right now they r half priced on Verizon's website.

sent from my iced up&jellybeanless,HTC REZOUND

Or in the store

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have both right now my Thunderbolt is working better than my Rezound that only has to do with a hot spot. I think you'll be very happy with the Rezound ;)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Like I have said prior I hate bulk. Will see how it goes. I ha e wiring at work. Not on it a lot while working. Definitely need the case with kickstand......love the kickstands.
Receiving tomorrow......yay!

If you have the stock battery, do not get the verizon case with kickstand and holster, it is designed for the extended battery. I believe verizon claims it will work for both, but you are adding a lot of bulk for nothing.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have the stock battery, do not get the verizon case with kickstand and holster, it is designed for the extended battery. I believe verizon claims it will work for both, but you are adding a lot of bulk for nothing.

I found that out. Didn't know. Thx. Also didn't like that case. I stopped at verizon on my way home. Pucked up screen protectors and got a red color silicone cover.
I never needed an extended battery on the thunderbolt. The Rezound battery gave me longer use. I hate bulk. So hope the standard will be OK.
Thx for the warm welcome to the rezound side!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22