MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, since my issue started with the rezound, I'm going to pose this same question to you guys:

**Original thread here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/198888-question-about-halfcab.html

Ok, so I'm helping my umpteenth person flash their Rezound and I'm hearing a lot of "I tried half-cab and this is how they left my phone" type of talk. Is half-cab really that bad? If so, shouldn't we as a community be doing something about them? If they are really half-assing(sorry for the language but it's appropriate) jobs then shouldn't we be doing our best to either make them get better or make them go away? It's really adding stress on me, and probably not making Android look so hot either.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I'm following you, what is half-cab?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Finally had a chance to check out the link. Sounds like someone running a half-assed site trying to make some quick money. 70 bucks to mail in my phone so they can root it? HUH? I'm sure that can't fail.

Not sure exactly what anyone here could do other than to have the customers you've come across take it up with the BBB and definitely POST UP and tell everyone out there to STAY AWAY!!

Perhaps an email to them letting them know how shoddy their work has been from the people whom you've come in contact with would get the ball rolling. It does say "Money back guarantee" so if I was them I'd be asking for my money back.

The real problem here is that they could get rooted for free if they'd only put a little effort into it. I mean, how many people have you personally help achieve root? I'm guessing you charged them zilch.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I mean, how many people have you personally help achieve root? I'm guessing you charged them zilch.

I'm sure you don't want a real number because lord knows I've lost count...just for this week. Honestly if I were to put the number of times I've helped out someone against sales figures for the Rezound, I'd imagine they were pretty close lol.

Another link: from the evil empire: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1756321

The long and the short of that link is that they "stole" Scott's cleanROM for their nefarious purposes.

Last edited:

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I remember hearing about a guy doing this month's ago. I'm not sure if he is the same person or not, but the whole thing is just bad Imo. However of there were not a market, it would not exist. My problem with it is that if someone will not take the time to learn to root, and they don't need to. Especially not rom as well. There is a certain risk involved, and if something happens and you know nothing about it, then you are sol and will have to rely on them again to fix stuff. Which is probably part of their business model

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am not even sure why a Rezound owner would go to the half whatever site, because so many people on this AndroidCentral Rezound site are selfless and will help out of the goodness of their hearts.

Mr. Smith ... if you think they are half-a$$ed, then they must be half-a$$ed!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you don't want a real number because lord knows I've lost count...just for this week. Honestly if I were to put the number of times I've helped out someone against sales figures for the Rezound, I'd imagine they were pretty close lol.

Another link: from the evil empire: half assed Halfcab - xda-developers

The long and the short of that link is that they "stole" Scott's cleanROM for their nefarious purposes.

LOL, I'd venture a guess that you've probably helped about 90% of the Rezound owners, either directly or indirectly...the other 10% probably aren't literate.

Wow, didn't realize this halfcab thing had been going on that long and they were selling Scott's work as their own! You'd think someone at "the other site" would be able to hack this guys site and shut it down...kind of fighting fire with fire.

I think it's important to get the word out that this halfcab thing is a huge SCAM and that rooting and ROMing are FREE for anyone who want's to put a tiny bit of effort into it.

uncoolcracker

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention that they have access to any accounts you have linked. I saw them on YouTube awhile back fishing for people to let them root your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis