Ok, I need advice.

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I carry a spare battery around in my pocket, & normally I'm pretty careful with my gadgets & their accessories. However, yesterday while at the carnival with my boys and my wife, I got distracted while pulling out my wallet, and the spare battery fell to the asphalt, putting two small dents in it. I do not want to damage my phone with a malfunctioning battery. Do you guys think it's still safe to charge & use in my phone? Thanks guys! (&/or gals)

Sent from my Rezound intermittently, while chasing a toddler & an infant, using Android Central Forums

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I carry a spare battery around in my pocket, & normally I'm pretty careful with my gadgets & their accessories. However, yesterday while at the carnival with my boys and my wife, I got distracted while pulling out my wallet, and the spare battery fell to the asphalt, putting two small dents in it. I do not want to damage my phone with a malfunctioning battery. Do you guys think it's still safe to charge & use in my phone? Thanks guys! (&/or gals)

Sent from my Rezound intermittently, while chasing a toddler & an infant, using Android Central Forums

I can't really see any dents on the battery but if your'e so concerned that you start a thread on it then you are probably right to not risk it.
Why don't you use an extended battery? I can't imagine having to carry around a spare battery all the time.
I got the Laza 3240mah extended battery from Amazon and have had no problems at all. My battery lasts almost two days with medium usage and even longer with light usage. I wish I got this battery A LONG TIME AGO!
Do yourself a favor my friend and get this battery, you won't look back!

http://www.amazon.com/Laza-3240mah-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2062474

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
How is it that the battery cover for the 3240 battery looks to be the same size as HTC's 2750 battery? I imagine that the 3240 must be much larger.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

It's just the angle of the picture. It is in fact larger than the original back cover. If you don't mind the extra weight and bulk like me then your all set for never having to worry about a dead battery again!

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't really see any dents on the battery but if your'e so concerned that you start a thread on it then you are probably right to not risk it.
Why don't you use an extended battery? I can't imagine having to carry around a spare battery all the time.
I got the Laza 3240mah extended battery from Amazon and have had no problems at all. My battery lasts almost two days with medium usage and even longer with light usage. I wish I got this battery A LONG TIME AGO!
Do yourself a favor my friend and get this battery, you won't look back!

http://www.amazon.com/Laza-3240mah-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2063197

The dent is small, but I'm not sure how it'll effect it. I don't like how the extended battery looks or the way it feels in the hand. I think I'll just go ahead and get a couple more batteries from Amazon. I got them waiting in my cart anyway.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Throw it back in your phone and just monitor the temp of it. If it gets over 130 degrees, then chuck it, if not, I'm sure it's good. If it didn't explode when you dropped it, I doubt it will anyway, but monitoring the temp would tell you better than just guessing. Plus, I think the batteries that hate being punched, are the lithium polymer ones that all the non removable battery phones have.

Reactions: blackbyrd

blackbyrd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Throw it back in your phone and just monitor the temp of it. If it gets over 130 degrees, then chuck it, if not, I'm sure it's good. If it didn't explode when you dropped it, I doubt it will anyway, but monitoring the temp would tell you better than just guessing. Plus, I think the batteries that hate being punched, are the lithium polymer ones that all the non removable battery phones have.

I already ordered a coupla new batteries off Amazon, but if I want to continue using the old one, how would I go about monitoring the temperature?????

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Most of the battery widgets show the temp, Gsam battery widget being one. I use extended controls, and the battery monitor there can be set to show battery info, including the temp.

Reactions: blackbyrd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome