FCC Ruling

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
No, Sprint is 3rd.

Better call quality, stability than t mobile, more subscribers, they are third, not fourth.

Next, I can't find the article, but it was one of those Asian countries saying they were getting rid of slower connections.

I'll post it when I find it

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

I am interested in finding out what countries you are talking about. I run the international side of my company and would love to know who gets 100+ MB connections to every house.

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
No - AT&T did not sign a agreement with the FCC. Verizon is getting fined because this was part of their spectrum purchase. Also, because tethering was already a charge feature in unlimited it is not covered by the FCC ruling.

What are you talking about? Are you saying when AT&T bought their spectrum they did not sign an agreement? Or is their agreement different?

Also I believe tethering has been a charge feature on every Verizon plan not just unlimited plans.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Just think of what could happen when those flood gates are opened with all the data today's phones can burn through. Streaming movies and music for hours on end, using torrent apps, etc. It would start clogging the networks, slowing speeds down, interrupting data service all together, and maybe even disrupt actual phone call service because the carriers don't have the network capacity for all that traffic. From my understanding, that's one of the big reasons the caps were put in place to begin with. You think data plans are expensive now, just let government force unlimited plans and watch the price skyrocket do to the rapid need to increase infrastructure and capacity!

I think unlimited would be awesome to have again, but not by government force. Besides, I'm plenty happy with Verizon.

I agree. Thanks

sent from my Rezound

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch. I thought I used a lot. But I was at 4gig on the highest use. I now have the share everything with 6gig. So far so good. Saving me money. I do have a CORP discount

sent from my Rezound

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has not backed off of fios, they have actually enhanced the network,and are offering quantum speeds now. And they also give you free wifi where it is available. All you have to do is own load the program to your Laptop and it searchs for the wifi. I actually used it when we went on vacation last year.

They might be being awesome to their existing footprint, but the expansion has been cut down on quite a bit. And the wifi thing is what Verizon is pushing for, and hard. All the cable companies that sold Verizon spectrum have all agreed to share wifi hot spots, and that spectrum deal would probably be the reason for the expansion slow down, oh, and that it costs kind of a stupid amount of money per subscriber to install.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about? Are you saying when AT&T bought their spectrum they did not sign an agreement? Or is their agreement different?

Also I believe tethering has been a charge feature on every Verizon plan not just unlimited plans.

If you go back and read the story you will see the spectrum covered by this deal was acquired from another company. The deal had to be approved by the FCC. As part of the deal Verizon agreed to several conditions. AT&T is not part of this deal. Also, unlimited user contracts were already in place at the time and tethering was already a separate purchase item. The tiered contracts were written after the agreement with the FCC, so that is why limited tethering on tiered is a violation of the agreement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781