New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/2012

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/20

Just read the first part of the AndroidPolice post. The site that shall not be named has gone severely downhill (for the Rezound) and honestly they just need to ban the lot of the offenders.

Reactions: Jude526

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

I'm on West Coast and havent seen it yet either.
^^ agreement about the other forum...Its like trying to tame a lion with a chair and whip!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I'm just catching up here, but I pinged Verizon PR, and this is what I got back:

Hi Phil,

Hope all is well. The ICS update for the Rezound started being pushed out last week and its now available to be manually downloaded by customers by going to the settings > software update > check new.

This is the blog post we had posted on Aug 2. And below is also the support page for this:

HTC Rezound - Ice Cream Sandwich

Software Update: HTC Rezound™ - Coming Soon!

So, new update? Or old update?

Reactions: droidman2177

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm just catching up here, but I pinged Verizon PR, and this is what I got back:

This is a new update, just appeared Saturday night... it seems to be the long awaited "Global" mode update that VZW promised a long time ago. It is real, it is digitally signed by HTC.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

This is supposedly different then the one that they are speaking about which was the GB to ICS update..

The one being discussed here is a ICS -> ICS update

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

Is this just bringing the "global" functionality? Anything else?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site

As observed by a helpful AP reader:

dsb9938 ? 5 hours ago

Lots of changes. vending.apk is now phonesky.apk, implementation of framework2.jar, booksphone.apk is now bookstablet.apk, maps.apk is now gms_maps.apk, HTC MIM is gone, updated talk.apk, VCast Music is gone, movie editor added, com.verizon.phone.jar added.

Oh! And yes, in Mobile Network Setting you have the following preferred network options:

Global
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS
CDMA Only

D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Personally I don't know but i'm currently looking into it. It is a 100 meg patch so i doubt it's just the global stuff

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I am looking forward to the update to Talk.

I hope the community at X-ray Delta Arsehole grows up. We need these devs.

I see a huge opportunity for Phil & AC to build a solid dev community that would foster the right environment for serious dev activity. Just takes a bit of marketing & networking.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

I am looking forward to the update to Talk.

I hope the community at X-ray Delta Arsehole grows up. We need these devs.

I see a huge opportunity for Phil & AC to build a solid dev community that would foster the right environment for serious dev activity. Just takes a bit of marketing & networking.

I know what you mean but I think in order to really do that they would need to actually figure out how to control the chaos that happens.

BrentA

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Quick question: I'm unlocked, rooted, and s-on, but running the stock .12 rom (from android police). Will I get the update or do I need to flash the zip file floating around?

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Quick question: I'm unlocked, rooted, and s-on, but running the stock .12 rom (from android police). Will I get the update or do I need to flash the zip file floating around?

Unknown on if you will get the update. Assuming that it is a real update (most people say yes but you never know) then yes you should get it sooner then later.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the same place. I think we're going to have to flash, but I don't think there is a flash that works for us yet because we don't have S-off. I could be wrong.

Sent from my Rezound

mgloss

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Nothing yet for me. I'm on the west coast in Washington state

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
The OP at X-ray Delta Arsehole said he is in tech support at the big red ... err ... Verizon. Maybe it will be a few days before customers get it. Wouldn't be surprised.

(damn auto-censor - no fun!)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: acidjazz02921

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Why don't you prove this then? I emailed HTC inquiring.

sent from my Rezound
I said it LOOKS to be a fake. I did not state it as a fact. I based my statement on something that someone saw in the XDA thread and then pointed out. Their reasoning made sense. Now we know that I and the other guy was wrong. Good for you for being sammy aggressive and emailing them. Go take on the world tiger.

I was trying to push his buttons.
Well ya failed. Your admitted troll-fu needs work. Thanks for the entertainment though.

Don't say something is fake without proof to back it up.
And don't say something when your reading comprehension sucks.

And I will defend him!
Brave brave internet warrior. I salute you, proud member of the 101st Chairborne Division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad