New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/2012

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: New update pushing out to Rezound on West Coast as of 8/12/20

Odd ball question, since I updated, when I check manually for a new upgrade, it doesn't show the 4G like it used too. Is that normal. Outside of that, my phone is smooth.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums
Not sure what you mean, if I am in WiFi mine always goes to 4G (or 3G depending where I am).

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Odd ball question, since I updated, when I check manually for a new upgrade, it doesn't show the 4G like it used too. Is that normal. Outside of that, my phone is smooth.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

I've noticed since ICS it will now update over WiFi, doesn't switch over to the 4G connection anymore.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed since ICS it will now update over WiFi, doesn't switch over to the 4G connection anymore.
Hmmm... Interesting... mine does, I just tried it well on WiFi and the 4G kicked in automatically. But it has always been able to actually download the update over WiFi, but the initial check is always done over 3G/4G so Verizon can verify you are on their network since they do not allow a device to OTA update when it is not connected to their network.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I downloaded the update renamed it and moved it to the SD card and did the process with no success I even did a factory reset and loaded twice and still no luck so what's up with getting this flashed onto my phone?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Well I downloaded the update renamed it and moved it to the SD card and did the process with no success I even did a factory reset and loaded twice and still no luck so what's up with getting this flashed onto my phone?

So, are you saying that you downloaded the file, moved it to the microSD card, renamed it PH98IMG.zip, then rebooted into update holding VOL DOWN and POWER, and still nothing happened??? Sounds very odd...

Are you completely stock? No custom recovery, no custom ROM, no root, or anything else?

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The phone went thru the entire unzipping and loading process each time but I'm not showing the selection in my settings for the added global gsm settings just the same LTE cdma choices. Yes I'm completely stock as well here is a screen shot.of my software.

a6f84002-a70c-a872.jpg

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

did you put it in sd or ext_sd

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes fastboot was unchecked the first go around I can't say if was after I did a factory reset as I went straight to the downloader to install the ruu

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

You are definitely not on the new software...
did you get any kind of error message or anything when you tried to install the RUU?

Did you verify the MD5 of the file to what is on Android Police?

The process takes about 15-25 minutes, I didn't keep exact track of it, so it might be off some but it definitely takes what seems to be a very long time when you are watching it and it should reboot by itself a few times and then finally reboot and come to the setup screen, how long are you giving it or do you have to manually power down or remove the battery?

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
It probably takes a good 15 mins for sure and once it extracts and loads the numerous files it says at end to press power to reboot phone. I'll try once more then I'm done having set this phone back up from scratch if it doesn't work this time I'll just wait for the ota update.

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok I think I have finally got it right this time. I went back to android.police and downloaded from mirror 1 site and resinstalled.

a6f8501e-d888-f0b4.jpg

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Looks like it went through now, glad you got it working!!!

I am guessing somehow you got the 3.14.605.12 RUU previously, which was causing you headaches flashing the same thing over and over. Just one more reason to always verify the MD5 of the update file, if you had done this to the file on the phone it would have shown you the issue immediately.

fortigger

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem once. Had to download from another source to make it work.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I am excited to see that someone who'd had problems with the flash was able to get it to work. I am all set and ready to attempt another flash, I just don't have the time right now because my phone will have to be customized all over again. I am anxious to do it though. It will be nice to have a clean version of ICS on the phone.

My file has been renamed and is sitting on sd ext and I downloaded the file from the phone from Android police mirror 1. Hopefully I won't have the same problems as I did trying to flash the original ICS file. We never did figure out what I was doing wrong. :D

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm... Interesting... mine does, I just tried it well on WiFi and the 4G kicked in automatically. But it has always been able to actually download the update over WiFi, but the initial check is always done over 3G/4G so Verizon can verify you are on their network since they do not allow a device to OTA update when it is not connected to their network.

When I go to check for updates it never dropps back to 4G on mine. I have the global update too, so maybe it's part of that, but I could have sworn even when I got that update I remember thinking it was odd that the phone never went to 4G during the checking and download process.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am excited to see that someone who'd had problems with the flash was able to get it to work. I am all set and ready to attempt another flash, I just don't have the time right now because my phone will have to be customized all over again. I am anxious to do it though. It will be nice to have a clean version of ICS on the phone.

My file has been renamed and is sitting on sd ext and I downloaded the file from the phone from Android police mirror 1. Hopefully I won't have the same problems as I did trying to flash the original ICS file. We never did figure out what I was doing wrong. :D

You know I am there with whatever you want....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

today is Sept 1st I still am waiting on this from Verizon:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox