Phone won't get software update!

grk5044

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't tell if its replying on your screen but its not on mine but its not downloading

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

grk5044

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Just straight through my phone and idk its just the regular internet browser that comes with the phone lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OK, try this one: http://db.tt/yCu1KkWI

It is my in my DropBox, I will leave it up for a couple days then pull it for the space.

Let me know if that works...

EDIT: Just tried it from my phone with the stock browser, it worked for me

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Open ES File Explorer and go to the Downloads directory, the file should be there, now:

- Long Press the file, and select Copy
- Press the UP button on toolbar until it says "/sdcard/" in the location bar directly above the toolbar
- tap the "ext_sd" folder
- tap the "Paste" button in the toolbar
- Long Press the file and select "Rename"
- Change the name to "PH98IMG.zip" and click OK

Once all that is done, power off the phone, wait for all the buttons to go dark and give it another 15-30 seconds. Now hold down the VOL DOWN and well holding it down, press down and hold the POWER button, continue to hold both buttons until it starts installing then release the buttons. It will take a while and reboot several times by itself, just let it sit, then it should come up and go to the setup screen (if it hasn't after 30 minutes, pull the battery, and power on normally and wait for the setup screen). Once it is up, power off and do the VOL DOWN+Power thing a SECOND TIME, it will go another 20 minutes or so and come up to the setup screen, proceed through the setup and enjoy Ice Cream Sandwich!

Sometimes you have to do the VOL DOWN+Power a few times before it takes, the buttons on the Rezound are tricky.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
AWESOME!!! :D

Glad you finally got it working, don't forget to delete or move the PH98IMG.zip file from the /sdcard/ext_sd/ directory so just incase for some strange you accidentally power up holding those buttons it doesn't wipe everything in your phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12