Good audio recording app for Rezound?

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to try using my Rezound for some live audio recording of my friend's band. Anyone know of a good app that can record simple 2 channel stereo in uncompressed WAV format at 44.1?

OME6A

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
IMHO there is nothing better on GPlay than TapeMachine, especially recording band
Came to say this.

I've been using TM for a long time for music purposes, and just a word of caution on using it with the Rezound: Do test recordings. For some reason, you get a pop or chirp in your recording at regular intervals when recording in TM at 44100.

I contacted the developer about this and their statement was that the issue was unique to the Rezound and that recording has to be done at 48000. At 48000, the recording turns out fine. You can change this in the apps advanced settings.

If you intend on recording like a practice session or the like, set the input at 1db, and put the phone behind something a good 20-30 ft away from the drums.

If you're going to record a show at a club/venue, good luck. The audio will be so loud that you don't stand a chance in hell in getting a recording that isn't blown and clipped all over unless the club doesn't blast the levels or you're at the front of the place while they're at the back.

Trust me, lots of experience and trial and error here.

Gripes aside, I've tried a lot of software to record music on the go, and there's no beating Tape Machine. Unfortunately, there is only so much a phone and an app can do. I've read that iPhones do this better because devs can control the gain on the mic, where in android it's done post input, like a compressor or noise gate.

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Sounds like one just needs to use an external powered mic and a small external pre-amp to control the gain. I don't mind recording at 48 as it's easy enough to convert down to 44.1. I just don't want to have to be stuck with recording to MP3 or some other lossy format. Thanks again. I'm going to check out Tape Machine now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20