skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
One option is to go here in your mobile browser:
Google Maps 6.9.2 - APKTOP

Download & install.

I installed it ... no reboots.

I made sure to uncheck auto-updates for Google Maps in the Play store, too. Currently waiting for version 6.10.1 or greater.

TBolt ... I was waiting for you to do it and so I just did it! I am back to 6.9.2, which is better than 6.3.

Thank you!!

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I just went into manage apps > all apps > maps > uninstall updates. No need to find another version, right? (And yeah, be sure to deselect automatically install updates.)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
TBolt ... I was waiting for you to do it and so I just did it! I am back to 6.9.2, which is better than 6.3.

Thank you!!

No need to thank me ... medic673 installed it before I did & reported it was okay. Leave it to a medic/fire guy to be the brave one. lol. Thanks, medic!

Reactions: medic673

thedan862

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone! These forums are awesome! I have been having the same problem with my navigation and it was driving me insane. Then I looked here and "bam" found the answer I was looking for. This will be the first place I go for now on whenever I have an issue with my Rezound. Thanks again everyone for the help. :D

kingston73

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I was afraid it was an incompatibility between my custom rom on my sensation but am happy(?) to see it seems to be an overall htc - google issue. Hope it gets fixed soon but while I'm waiting I don't have a problem with the older version. The cache delete thing didn't solve the problem for me.

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Link now says unavailable. Any ideas?
--------------------
Also, this from the Google Products Forum...

cindych

Aug 17 (3 days ago)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your reports. I have escalated this to the product team for investigation. I may reach out for more details if necessary. I'll provide an update as soon as I can.

Cindy

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Link now says unavailable. Any ideas?
--------------------
Also, this from the Google Products Forum...

cindych

Aug 17 (3 days ago)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your reports. I have escalated this to the product team for investigation. I may reach out for more details if necessary. I'll provide an update as soon as I can.

Cindy

The iapktop link works. I just clicked on the 'download from apktop' link.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it...why are so many people downloading a link instead of just uninstalling updates?

We did uninstall updates; we were sent back to version 6.3 (or, 6.2 ... I dunno), which sucks.

So, we found a more recent version to use until Google fixes the bug.

Keep version 6.3 if you want. I didn't like it, personally.

Last edited:

DRKayak

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't get it...why are so many people downloading a link instead of just uninstalling updates?

We are uninstalling the update, which brings us back to version 6.2(the version that original came with the phone.) The latest, good version is 6.9.2. It has the "take a map with you on your phone" ability for using maps when you are off the cell phone grid. It also has rulers to measure how far it is from point a to point b, and shows changes of elevation along the way.

Version 6.9.2 has to be "Side Loaded" from a link on the web.

Version 6.10 is the bad version now available at the Play Store.

OK, I see I typed before seeing the question was already answered. Sorry!

Last edited:

chrisrach3

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Checking it out...the latest doesn't have the phone bubble lab feature. Anyone know what the 6.9.2 version has that the original doesn't?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Checking it out...the latest doesn't have the phone bubble lab feature. Anyone know what the 6.9.2 version has that the original doesn't?

DrKayak mentioned a few things above. You'd have to Google it for more details.

Google graduated the feature from labs, but now we get only one bubble instead of two. You set the bubble action in Settings > Display, I believe.

4b53b0c9-976f-e058.jpg

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love Google breaking arguably one of the most important features of Android with this latest update. Downgraded back to a previous version as well til they fix this one. I do miss the spiffy new icon of the new version.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Today I needed to use the voice navagtion for the first time since the ICS update. It rebooted on me 4 times while in use. I wasn't very happy about this because it made me think something might be wrong with my Rezound.
I arrived at my destination early and gave Verizon a call. It is noted in their documents that there is an ISSUE in the Maps on ICS and it ISNT our PHONE...........yay on that.
No need to fret.....said to uninstall the latest updates on Maps and that will take care of it.
I uninstalled the update. I knew how to get home but for the heck of it, I ran the navagation and sure enough, it was perfect.

So dear Rezound friends, it is in the MAPS. Keep it at stock till there is a fix on it and you will be good to go.

Judi:):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol