Last try with Rezound

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got Rezound number 4 from the Fed Ex guy. Looks to be another brand new phone, not a CLNR. It is still on GB. The current rezound I am typing this on was also a brand new one. Also was on GB.

I have already tried my current sim card in number 4. 4g was dropping out. Tonight after work, I will activate the new sim card they sent with phone and try the new Rezound out. If I still have 4g problems, I am done with the Rezound.

I will try for the sg3, but I already know that is a looooooooong shot, LOL. Next wil be the Maxx. They have tried to offer me the Nexus and the regular Razor. If nothing else, I will go with the regular Razor.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got a Maxx as a warranty replacement for my rezound, so it is possible. With that said, I found that the rezound is stronger than the maxx in some areas and vice versa.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your probs.

Have you compared your reception to that of other folks with VZW 4g devices? Typically the experience with the Rez is that its reception is at the top of the food chain.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that with 5 bars of 4g the phones I have had will just stop processing data, sometimes will drop out and not even have 1x.

My first phone was awesome, then one day it would no longer connect to 4g consistently. I have not been able to have a dependable 4g connection since.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got Rezound number 4 from the Fed Ex guy. Looks to be another brand new phone, not a CLNR. It is still on GB. The current rezound I am typing this on was also a brand new one. Also was on GB.

I have already tried my current sim card in number 4. 4g was dropping out. Tonight after work, I will activate the new sim card they sent with phone and try the new Rezound out. If I still have 4g problems, I am done with the Rezound.

I will try for the sg3, but I already know that is a looooooooong shot, LOL. Next wil be the Maxx. They have tried to offer me the Nexus and the regular Razor. If nothing else, I will go with the regular Razor.

How do you keep getting new phones? I'm on my 2nd CLNR. Are you saying something to the VZW rep or is it just by chance?

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if you are getting intermittent interference from an outside... (Heck, I wonder if that is even possible).

Growing up (you know, way back in the day when we had to walk to school... uphill.. both ways!) we used to get interference on our new-fangled cordless phone. It was hit and miss for the longest time -- turned out it was the microwave oven! Whenever the microwave was running, it would kill the phone.

Just a random thought. Anyway, good luck with the new one!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Fyi, the bars indicate voice signal strength, not data. Don't look in the Settings menu either as it doesn't show 4glte signal strength,only 3g, even in ics and connected to 4glte.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=197282

The problem is that with 5 bars of 4g the phones I have had will just stop processing data, sometimes will drop out and not even have 1x.

My first phone was awesome, then one day it would no longer connect to 4g consistently. I have not been able to have a dependable 4g connection since.

mjoforiam1

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
try factory reset after ICS update, I was having severe lag issues, and other app problems as well. Did the factory reset and running like a champ now, although pain in the but gettting apps back and reorganized to my liking. also the latest google maps update makes the phone constantly reboot, just uninstall the update and it will run fine.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Whew! Last night sucked! Got the replacement phone, appears to be another brand new phone. Came with GB os. Tried it with my existing sim. 4g was dropping. Activated the new sim and got the phone running. Then the looooong process of updating to ICS, which for took forever for some reason because I could not get off 1x. Finally got 4g back and got the phone updated, then immediately did a factory reset. Once that was done (all this while at work!) I started the long process of setting up the phone and downloading all my apps.

So far, aside from this tapatalk app not working last night, everything seems to be going well. Fingers crossed!

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
They sent me an incredible 4g as a replacement. Yet, no battery or charger. They said that it should fit. Lol. Hope you have better Time with vzw than I did.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
They sent me an incredible 4g as a replacement. Yet, no battery or charger. They said that it should fit. Lol. Hope you have better Time with vzw than I did.

Are you kidding? No back battery or charger? That's out of line. Call them! They switch you to another device. They need to make sure you have a complete device. That's so wrong on what they did to you

sent from my Rezound

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding? No back battery or charger? That's out of line. Call them! They switch you to another device. They need to make sure you have a complete device. That's so wrong on what they did to you

sent from my Rezound

Oh, they are sending me a battery. And they tried to say that the rezound and the dinc have the same charger. But had to prove them wrong so they gave me a usb cord.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, everything looks good on the Rezound. No 4g drops or prox. sensor glitches. I have gone back to my iPhone for certain reasons, but I can say the new Rezound is working perfectly. Now I can sell it in good conscious.

I have it for sale in the market, if anyone is interested.

Sent using Tapatalk

sm12345

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i had the exact same issue with a replacement rezound few weeks ago, call tech dept and ask them to push an update to your phone. they did it to me, i took battery and sim out for 5 min, in the meantime they pushed the update and 10 min later the problem was fixed. semms to be a known issue. hope this helps

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh, they are sending me a battery. And they tried to say that the rezound and the dinc have the same charger. But had to prove them wrong so they gave me a usb cord.

I use my DInc's charger on my Rezound all the time... since changing phones, I have an "extra" cable -- using it with my work computer.

Not saying they are the same... but the DInc usb can be used on the Rezound.

b_leonard

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I use my DInc's charger on my Rezound all the time... since changing phones, I have an "extra" cable -- using it with my work computer.

Not saying they are the same... but the DInc usb can be used on the Rezound.

Yes. But you can't use the rezound charger on the dinc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech