Short and Sweet.

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the ice update on my resound for about a week and a half, and was pretty dissapointed. Laggy, bad browser performance, phone getting hot, and just slow generally. Well folks, did a factory update as per a reccomendation in a thread here, and voila. My resound is a new phone and more responsive than the day I first got it. Thanks everyone!

Grung

May 27, 2010
Visit site
You know, I'm getting too old to play this game. Finally broke down and did the hard reset last night. What a pain in the patootie re-downloading my apps, getting all my little customizations, shortcuts, widgets all back in place. Maybe it gives the gang that drools over the nightly mods something new to do, but I can do without it.

Why can't Google develop an optional upgrade tool that takes a snapshot of your current setup, saves it to some designated storage area, upgrades the OS, hard resets, then downloads all your apps, and restores your UI just the way it was. Then the only thing left to do is sign back in to all your password sites.

Now lets see if I can remember how to make a shortcut with AnyCut...sigh...aging is not pretty.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Why can't Google develop an optional upgrade tool that takes a snapshot of your current setup, saves it to some designated storage area, upgrades the OS, hard resets, then downloads all your apps, and restores your UI just the way it was. Then the only thing left to do is sign back in to all your password sites.

Poor and lazy coding. Getting pretty tired of the response to bad coding - Just reset your device. Getting a little tired of having to do work arounds and tricks due to the bad coding I find on my phone.

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

Because that would be the app developers jobs. Google does a good job of backing up your background and wifi passwords and pretty much anything else you trust them with. I do agree that Android needs a native backup like Titanium backup but without the need for root. However per-application everyone should offer a backup.

Poor and lazy coding. Getting pretty tired of the response to bad coding - Just reset your device. Getting a little tired of having to do work arounds and tricks due to the bad coding I find on my phone.

The reset isn't due to bad coding. It's due to an issue where the build in caching doesn't translate from one version to the next. It's like installing windows 7 over top of windows xp. It takes forever and the O/S doesn't work the same as a straight install.

I know that boils down to tech-guy speak and a little bit of bias but it's 100% accurate.

patrick1229

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Call me crazy, I just took some screenshots of my setup and went about replicating post-update. Actually trimmed lots of fat from my rezound, and put up a snazzy new background. Captain optimism, - I know but the process only took an hour while I got ready for bed.

jpoutre

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I did the factory reset and works perfectly. It benefit to me is I try and reload only apps I use. Kind of a forced cleanup.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

sweaner

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I finally did the Factory Reset, and it seems to have helped significantly. I used My Backup to back up my SMS and some other settings. That seems to have worked as well. I would suggest not backing up apps, just re-install what you want. It did take a while, but was fairly foolproof.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech