Still waiting on first ics update

slvrblt00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife's rezound has never got the first ics update. I have tried to force close the services framework with no luck. Called Verizon tech support but they were idiots. Any other way to force?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I think the Razr upgrade went for over a month. My wifes Razr took over 3 weeks to get it. The only way to get it, is to RUU, and that wipes the phone.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
But that is probably the best route to go. Getting the ota without a wipe is a disaster

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I gotta agree. After switching roms and playing on my dinc for a long time, wiping (while a PIA) is the best way to go. You will know any issues you have are actual issues with the update itself, and not because it was updated, if you follow me at all. The biggest PIA is backing up and restoring everything...but everyone should periodically backup......but most don't.

condor637

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It's a simple fix which many have experienced including myself, it's a corrupted Sim card. Install new Sim card (phone off), turn on and let it auto dial. Once completed manually initiate the update and you'll receive it.

Last edited: